Stomp pads - I just don't get them them. - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #41 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
THIS!

I am way to obsessed about getting in that next gnarly pow line and dont want to fiddle with a camera. Besides, no matter how great the camera, watching it is noting at all like being there in person. Now I do think video is great for doing movement analisys when coaching but I am filming the rider so they can visually see what I am seeing when we do MA at the end of the session.
Have you actually USED one of these? The only "fiddling" with the camera I do is just part of putting on my gear. Set it up, snap it in the bracket. I leave it on all day. Some rides I turn it on, some I don't. All the "fiddling" required is to reach up to my helmet and press one button. That's all there is, one button. Press it. Click. Ride. Sometimes I forget to click it again at the bottom and I record my lift ride back up, too, but so what? It's about as complicated as putting on a glove. In fact, I'd bet I do more "fiddling" with my gloves than I do with my camera. Jesus...some people will bitch about anything!

The 1080p setting on the GoPro (not the Contour, apparently) is as razor sharp as it gets. The image quality is WAY better than what you posted from your Contour. While I tend to agree that the wide angle tends to take in TOO much, so you sometimes don't get the sense of depth on steeps, there are other settings that do a better job. Funny, the people posting here that hate the GoPro don't actually use one, and the people that use the Contour have either sold it or say their Contour blows. Hmm. Well, as long as you don't look like a Teletubby, I guess!

Last edited by surfinsnow; 12-25-2012 at 07:54 PM.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
They really do work well and are a godsend for new riders; they make the learning process so much easier especially when teaching them one foot fade turns. I have started carrying a small roll of carpet tape and will stick a small stip on the board for the newbies who are struggling with this problem......
Just to get back on-topic, I've never used a stomp pad, and don't like them. I don't like they way they look on my board, and I don't see the need for them. From my earliest days riding, speaking of not wanting to look stupid (said the Teletubby), I concentrated like crazy on NOT falling getting off the lift. That was one of the biggest "skills" I was concerned about! LOL. Just push the back foot against the binding. It took a season of practice, but soon enough I could ride to the next lift connection or take-off point without having to strap in for 50 yards, or whatever. I've just never felt the need.

I also don't understand the controversy, though. I don't use the same bindings as everyone else, I don't wear the same jacket as everyone else, I don't ride the same board as everyone else...but apparently I use the same camera as a lot of people! Oh well. I just go out to enjoy myself, and unlike Torpedo, I'm not getting all jacked up about how I LOOK. I'm just out to ride.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsnow View Post
The 1080p setting on the GoPro (not the Contour, apparently) is as razor sharp as it gets. The image quality is WAY better than what you posted from your Contour.
That video was recorded in 960p mode, then uploaded to youtube where it's quite heavily compressed...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #44 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Why so fucking defensive? How was my statement "bitching"? get the fuck over yourself aready!!!

I just said I don`t really get into it and to me it isnt worth my time stopping and turning a camera on and of. Why the fuck do you get pissy because someone doesnt want to ride with a fucking gopro? Never once did I tell you or anyone what to do! Get the fuck over what others do and prefer; seems to be a constant fucking theme with you from "bitching" about how ugly stomp pads are to getting pissy like a butt hurt little school bitch over my not wanting to rock a camera......fucking control freak!

Yeah, SOME people WILL bitch about anything; check the fucking mirror!
Hey asshole, speaking of pissy and defensive! I didn't start the goddamn stop pad thread and I didn't say anything negative about stomp pads. And I didn't single YOU out over the tremendous bother of clicking a button! Get over yourself, indeed!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #45 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
You asked why people used them and we told you. You make it all about you and brag that you never needed one so here is your E cookie:

And yet YOU are the one who started a thread about how ugly YOU think stomp pads looks. No prob its an opinion. Torpedo and many think the go pro`s look dumb and you turn into a whiny assed little bitch. Get over it, they have a right to their opinion too. If YOU really didnt care about looks, YOU would not have even thought to start a thread about how stomp pads look. Look up the word IRONY.
NO, I DID NOT, ASSWIPE! Step away from the bong!

Last edited by surfinsnow; 12-25-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Want a good stomp pad story? I was so excited about my new Hovercraft I peeled the backing off the Burton stomp pad and stuck it behind the FRONT binding....lol. So I had to spend another 15 bucks and put in front of the REAR binding. And you know what? I love having both of them on there. Noticed I used both positions on the weekend. I would consider myself a intermediate rider (would call myself advanced if I was into tricks and the park). My knowledge of boards, bindings and technical gear is very basic though - probably due to the fact I was out of the game for a decade. I don't have a problem asking "stupid" questions (or posting things letting people know I make mistakes) on here as I am pretty sure that I could outride the vast majority of posters given my toth (time on the hill). I don't care about looking dumb, or what my board looks like, I just need answers so I don't buy the wrong gear and more days on the hill to improve my technique. So I give a big thumbs up to the stomp pads. And yes. I have GAS (gear aquisition syndrome). I was broke for many years and now that I have found my passion, I say screw it and buy what I want and when I want it.
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #47 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
You might want to read more, I didnt leave it out.
Fucking PEACE! This whole stupid thing has gotten out of hand! I didn't think my last edit posted...I was sending from my phone, hard to tell on the tiny screen. Anyway, there is no "anger management" issue, either. You seem to have the answer to everything. No need for all the bullshit. Torpedo decided to insult me just because of the equipment I (and many others) use. You've thought it necessary to come to his defense by accusing me of the same thing, while ignoring that HE was the one ragging on people for the equipment they use. Nice. Either way, enough. As I said, I don't care what a GoPro OR stomp pads look like. My only comments about the GP were about it's functionality.

Again, Peace. Merry Christmas! Eat some of those cookies!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #48 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
Want a good stomp pad story? I was so excited about my new Hovercraft I peeled the backing off the Burton stomp pad and stuck it behind the FRONT binding....lol. So I had to spend another 15 bucks and put in front of the REAR binding. And you know what? I love having both of them on there. Noticed I used both positions on the weekend. I would consider myself a intermediate rider (would call myself advanced if I was into tricks and the park). My knowledge of boards, bindings and technical gear is very basic though - probably due to the fact I was out of the game for a decade. I don't have a problem asking "stupid" questions (or posting things letting people know I make mistakes) on here as I am pretty sure that I could outride the vast majority of posters given my toth (time on the hill). I don't care about looking dumb, or what my board looks like, I just need answers so I don't buy the wrong gear and more days on the hill to improve my technique. So I give a big thumbs up to the stomp pads. And yes. I have GAS (gear aquisition syndrome). I was broke for many years and now that I have found my passion, I say screw it and buy what I want and when I want it.

Haha, I did this very same thing three days ago to my cousin's board. He just bought equipment and wanted me to help him set it up. I don't use stomp pads and had some old ones laying around the house so I asked him if he wanted some on his... We got to the resort and he started giving me shit about sticking them in the wrong place. He can't bitch much I mean, they were free!
MarshallV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
Haha, I did this very same thing three days ago to my cousin's board. He just bought equipment and wanted me to help him set it up. I don't use stomp pads and had some old ones laying around the house so I asked him if he wanted some on his... We got to the resort and he started giving me shit about sticking them in the wrong place. He can't bitch much I mean, they were free!
Its like that old wheaties commercial "try it, you will like it."
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #50 (permalink)

I had no idea anyone even cared about my stomp pad
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote