Stomp pads - I just don't get them them. - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 03:42 AM   #51 (permalink)

I love my stick-on diamond studs... i can take dozens of minutes designing the optimum minimal-slip configuration that will assist in my one-foot riding... shit i measure symmetry on either side like that stuff even matters.

That is, until I get to the hill and the snow just says "Fuck YOU and your studs LAWL!!11eleven" and covers my Rembrandt-esque masterpiece.

...Fuckin' snow.
jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #52 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So what if I rocked a stomp pad back in the day? Haven't had one in years, but I am man enough to admit there was a time when I needed it, otherwise I would've been falling a hell of a lot more while skating or exiting the lift. My favorite was the Dakine Modular since you could adjust it to fit your boot properly. It comes in colors/patterns but I preferred the clear one since it's the least noticeable on the hill:

DAKINE Modular Mat Stomp Pad - Free Shipping at REI.com

Some sticks like the carbonium topsheet NS boards have great grip, while most are really slick. I wouldn't fault a noob for rocking a stomp pad. It looks a hell of a lot better than falling everytime you have one-foot unstrapped. Still, it does look retarded and I'd clown the shit out of any of my boys if they showed up with one.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #53 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

First off 99% of POV footage is boring as hell, polecam footage is a 100x more exciting to watch and gives the person filming ALLOT more flexibility.

I cannot believe there are sooo many hung up on "looks" in this thread, truly the MTV trash douchebag generation is upon us how embarrassing, to me this goes against everything snowboarding should be about.

Thank god I'm at a point in my life where I truly do not have to give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

If you don't sign my paycheck or I don't wake up next to you I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE A SHIT WHAT YOU THINK

THAT'S what I call real freedom, thank god I'm spending more time on my split and less time around dip shits at the resorts....you people make me fucking sick.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #54 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
First off 99% of POV footage is boring as hell, polecam footage is a 100x more exciting to watch and gives the person filming ALLOT more flexibility.

I cannot believe there are sooo many hung up on "looks" in this thread, truly the MTV trash douchebag generation is upon us how embarrassing, to me this goes against everything snowboarding should be about.

Thank god I'm at a point in my life where I truly do not have to give a fuck what anyone else thinks.

If you don't sign my paycheck or I don't wake up next to you I DON'T HAVE TO GIVE A SHIT WHAT YOU THINK

THAT'S what I call real freedom, thank god I'm spending more time on my split and less time around dip shits at the resorts....you people make me fucking sick.
I see you didn't get a new snowboard for Christmas.
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #55 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
I see you didn't get a new snowboard for Christmas.
Actually I just finished outfitting my new Jones Solution 161 factory split(which replaced an old 2006 DIY split) with Spark Burners, LT pins and Spark Tail clips.

HUGE upgrade over my old split, could give a shit less about my resort board(2009 TurboDream) I'll ride it until I break it.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #56 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
And yet you persist in posting here as if you believe we care. There's a simple solution, ya know. See if you can figure it out.

Flames aside, a forum is a place for discussion, debate, comparing notes, possibly making friends, occasionally making enemies. If you are posting on a forum, you're either a troll, a megalomaniac, or you do care what other people think. Otherwise, why go to the effort?

Yeah, that's me, Tracer Bullet. I've got eight slugs in me. One's lead,
the rest bourbon. The drink packs a wallop, and I pack a revolver. I'm
a private eye.
-- Calvin
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #57 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
...Flames aside, a forum is a place for discussion, debate, comparing notes, possibly making friends, occasionally making enemies. If you are posting on a forum, you're either a troll, a megalomaniac, or you do care what other people think. Otherwise, why go to the effort?

You should post a poll to see where everyone here fits in those categories!! (...make sure you include a category for "Social Retards" or I won't be able to participate!!)

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 12-26-2012 at 02:31 PM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #58 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
And yet you persist in posting here as if you believe we care. There's a simple solution, ya know. See if you can figure it out.

Flames aside, a forum is a place for discussion, debate, comparing notes, possibly making friends, occasionally making enemies. If you are posting on a forum, you're either a troll, a megalomaniac, or you do care what other people think. Otherwise, why go to the effort?

Sorry I just find it really sad how hung up the average American is on looks, status, ego and what other people who don't matter in the grand scheme of things "think" about them.

Why does it matter to you what other people who have no impact or control over your life think of you, to me it screams of people with self confidence or mommy issues who are always looking for peer approval to feel better about themselves or justify their life somehow.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #59 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Sorry I just find it really sad how hung up the average American is on looks, status, ego and what other people who don't matter in the grand scheme of things "think" about them.

Why does it matter to you what other people who have no impact or control over your life think of you, to me it screams of people with self confidence or mommy issues who are always looking for peer approval to feel better about themselves or justify their life somehow.
We may be talking about different things of course. My choice of whether or not to use a stomp pad is not affected by what you or someone else thinks of it, but if you can give me good reasons for or against, I'll give it a listen. That's also caring what people think. As is listening to the people on the gun debate thread because you may be battling them in a political debate or referendum eventually. Or listening to people in the music subforum because you might discover some new music. Or simply getting someone else's perspective on an issue.

But if you mean not changing your helmet because other people think it's dorky, no argument.

Yeah, that's me, Tracer Bullet. I've got eight slugs in me. One's lead,
the rest bourbon. The drink packs a wallop, and I pack a revolver. I'm
a private eye.
-- Calvin
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #60 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
We may be talking about different things of course. My choice of whether or not to use a stomp pad is not affected by what you or someone else thinks of it, but if you can give me good reasons for or against, I'll give it a listen. That's also caring what people think. As is listening to the people on the gun debate thread because you may be battling them in a political debate or referendum eventually. Or listening to people in the music subforum because you might discover some new music. Or simply getting someone else's perspective on an issue.

But if you mean not changing your helmet because other people think it's dorky, no argument.
Gotchya YES sorry we are 100% in total agreement, sorry didn't mean to sound like an asshole. I'd like to think I'm totally an open minded person who hopes he never stops learning or experiencing new things(on my own or from others)...I certainly do respect other people's opinions with regards to the types of things you mentioned.

Last edited by hikeswithdogs; 12-26-2012 at 03:15 PM.
hikeswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote