Stomp pads - I just don't get them them. - Page 7 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #61 (permalink)

my first year snowboarding didnt use stomp pad .east coast ice builds up on board and i got a slippery top sheet. so this year i got the dakine ironcross one and its awesome half the time you cant even see it cause its covered by snow
Pghdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #62 (permalink)
Veteran Member

When we're done with this can we argue about goggle straps inside or outside the helmet?
BoardWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #63 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardWalk View Post
When we're done with this can we argue about goggle straps inside or outside the helmet?
You've got to be kidding. People put their goggle straps inside? You're trolling, right?

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #64 (permalink)

Don't get me started on goggle straps on the inside of helmets.... just don't even go there.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #65 (permalink)

Despite my initial post being worded in a slightly aggressive tone (which again wasn't originally intended, curiosity was the driver), I'm a little saddened at how defensiveness, anger and attacks have flowed so readily as a result

I find it interesting that caring about aesthetics and form is seen as such a bad thing by some. It seems fairly false to say that it shouldn't matter. Imagine how dull things would be if everyone all had the dull clothes and the dull boards. But who's right to say you should or shouldn't care other than yourself? And leave others to their choice. The 100's of amazing and individual artworks applied to top sheets each year, people taking the trouble to colour code their bindings etc suggests to me that a lot of people actually care about these things. And why not? Is there a law that says your board must look shit to be serious? No of course not. If it's your primary concern, then perhaps you have your priorities in the wrong order but go to as much trouble as you want I say. It's an individual's choice - it's your 'trouble'. Be it a way to express yourself to others, or for personal satisfaction only. Get stoked on the design of your board if you like. Enjoy your stomp pad, or your nice clear topsheet. Whichever floats your boat most. But on the other hand, we'll all of course form our own opinions (if we happen to notice) about what we see. Shit, rad or whatever. That's a fact. And don't say you shouldn't. It might not be your business and you can keep it to yourself but everyone has a right to their opinion. We all see things through different eyes and have different values. Where people get into trouble is trying to superimpose their own sense of validity onto to everyone else. When you start to recognise this, the world and people make a lot more sense.

But obviously straps inside is better

(that is to say, straps inside works best for me )

Last edited by Slush Puppie; 12-26-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Slush Puppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #66 (permalink)

Not to offend anyone; but do you guys really get noticed or dogged on by having or not having stomp pads? Normally people are looking into the front of the line trying to get on the lift, no?
Ballbearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #67 (permalink)

Only ever used one on rental boards, don't have one now and don't have any problems.
EatMyTracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #68 (permalink)

Only thing I notice is when someone scrapes thier board or skis against mine in the lift line.
luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #69 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Never used them. Could have, but just didn't. I just learned to push my boot up against the back binding and steer with the front. Once I did need it though in Squaw where I ate it pretty hard. I poke fun at my friends who use one, but it's not a big deal. I have thought about using those punk metal spikes as they're pretty low key
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #70 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbearing View Post
Not to offend anyone; but do you guys really get noticed or dogged on by having or not having stomp pads? Normally people are looking into the front of the line trying to get on the lift, no?
Any time I see a douche bag with a stomp pad I think..."Huh? This lift line is really slow. WTF? And what's with that asshole skier riding over the back of my board? Is it too windy to light up on the lift? Damn, I gotta pee. And that sweet-ass bunny over there looks fucking HOT in those brand new white ski pants!"

Oh, did someone mention stomp pads?

surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote