Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Stomp pads - I just don't get them them. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52586-stomp-pads-i-just-dont-get.html)

Slush Puppie 12-23-2012 02:10 PM

Stomp pads - I just don't get them them.

Seriously why do people put these on? They all look ugly and I just don't understand why anyone would need one? Surely it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist??

MistahTaki 12-23-2012 02:23 PM

Why? Because it gives you more grip. I don't use one though, don't need it.

D1CKER1 12-23-2012 04:40 PM

Some people are too lazy to clean the snow off there boards.

NWBoarder 12-23-2012 05:24 PM

I think the real question is "Why the fuck do you care what someone else does or doesn't have on their snowboard?". It's all a matter of personal preference and opinion. I can ride with one or without. My preference is to have one if the topsheet of the board is a slick finish. If it's more of a matte finish, then I don't find it necessary. Point is, why care? Just go ride.

grafta 12-23-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slush Puppie (Post 556221)
Seriously why do people put these on? They all look ugly and I just don't understand why anyone would need one? Surely it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist??

Wtf? Are you that bored that you'd start this thread? Not even a good troll :thumbsdown:

Quote:

Originally Posted by D1CKER1 (Post 556267)
Some people are too lazy to clean the snow off there boards.

Huh? I should stop at the bottom by the lift, unstrap and clean my board down every lap? :blink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWBoarder (Post 556276)
I think the real question is "Why the fuck do you care what someone else does or doesn't have on their snowboard?". It's all a matter of personal preference and opinion. I can ride with one or without. My preference is to have one if the topsheet of the board is a slick finish. If it's more of a matte finish, then I don't find it necessary. Point is, why care? Just go ride.

What he said. My deck has a gloss finish and is slippery as fuck. Someone close this lame-ass thread please?

Slush Puppie 12-23-2012 06:51 PM

Hey sorry, I didn't wish to cause offence and I didn't realise it was such a touchy subject. Stick whatever you like on your board, it's yours :) I just don't really get the need for them. I've never missed not having one. I guess I'm curious if people put them on out of an actual need, or if they just put them on out of habit/accessorising. Actually I agree, it's a pointless thread, I don't care enough about the answer to upset anyone over it.

Slush Puppie 12-23-2012 07:23 PM

For the record, I never suggested anyone shouldn't be using them. Though I do think they spoil the aesthetics of the board. Like everything else that's just a tradeoff I guess. The question was merely a curiosity that should have stayed in my head, or better answered by trying one myself. My apologies. I have zero problem with this thread being deleted.

ig88 12-23-2012 07:38 PM

I am actually seriously considering getting a stomp pad to see the added advantage when getting off lift, or gliding my way to the queue up for the chairlifts. I have no issues with egos.

NoOtherOptions 12-23-2012 07:49 PM

I have a clear one. I use it because my deck has a slick finish and If the lift is busy and some scrub is getting squirrely off the lift I'd rather not worry about my leg flying off as I have to dodge people. If anyone wants to hate on me for having one, they can kiss my ass. Too many egos on the mountain.

NoOtherOptions 12-23-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slush Puppie (Post 556307)
For the record, I never suggested anyone shouldn't be using them. Though I do think they spoil the aesthetics of the board. Like everything else that's just a tradeoff I guess. The question was merely a curiosity that should have stayed in my head, or better answered by trying one myself. My apologies. I have zero problem with this thread being deleted.

One of the wisest pieces of advice I ever got when buying a board is worry about how it rides, not how it looks. If you are actually using it, who cares anyway? It should be covered in snow.