Girl on a Jones Flagship - good idea? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
reading comprehension FAIL!
I know Shred. The reason why I am questioning is that I have been researching the shit out of the Flagship models and everybody seems to recommend the opposite: the Carbon flagship seems to always get the nod. And if you think I am bad at reading, you should see my math skills......lol

Last edited by ARSENALFAN; 12-28-2012 at 03:58 PM.
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Rooster King

ok, well the carbon will be stiffer i believe. being a girl and being that she's only #120ish the stiffer board would/could be too much while the regular flagship is probably right there.

if you're bigger than that and really charge down the fall line and want a stiff board, or need something lighter the carbon might fit in there.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
ok, well the carbon will be stiffer i believe. being a girl and being that she's only #120ish the stiffer board would/could be too much while the regular flagship is probably right there.

if you're bigger than that and really charge down the fall line and want a stiff board, or need something lighter the carbon might fit in there.

Thanks man. Under another post, I have been inquiring about a little ski vacation in the US. Not that you need any more foreigners around your area, but if someone put a gun to your head, where would you recommend they go? Is it crazy busy lines where you ride? I am using at least 3 of my 4 week vacation up snowboarding, so a 4 day getaway is in cards. Thanks!
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

The ladies in use today: Custon X, NS Raptor and me on the Flagship

See my grin? Had it all today. Icy channels, pow slopes, lots of natural jumps and nice groomers for carving. The flagship is my new love. The board is simply heaven! Stable at all speeds,the edgehold on ice is fantastic and in pow: just fun fun fun! Thanks for convincing me. so yes: a 123lbs girl on a 158 flagship is definitely a good idea

Last edited by neni; 02-24-2013 at 04:04 PM.
neni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Thanks for the photos, where is that? I'm so jealous. You and your friends have excellent taste in snowboards.
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpjames 09 View Post
Thanks for the photos, where is that? I'm so jealous. You and your friends have excellent taste in snowboards.
In the "Berner Oberland", Swiss Alps. If you'd turn 180°, you'd see the Eiger. (You might know the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, some of the most popular mountains in Switzerland
Old 12-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

I'm now more jealous. My home mountain is Mt. High in Wrightwood California. Where we have a incredible 18"-24" of snow. Though Mammoth is only 300 miles away.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpjames 09 View Post
only 300 miles away.
lol
300 miles is almost from border to border of our entire country and you say 'only'

We had fantastic 100" last year (but also high risk of avalanches). Now already 50", so it might be again a good winter

I surely envy you for having the coast close by. I'd have to go more than 300 miles to find a beach (the conditions are only rarely good for windsurfing at our lakes)
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default another chica who likes 'em long and stiff ;)

i'm so glad i found this post. i'm a 5'8, 150# gal who really prefers guys boards. rode only a 156 custom x for a long time, then got a b-pro 155 and have been a bit a let down. is fun, but squirrely at speed. can ride much more aggressively on the custom x.

now i'm investing in my first split and have been torn about whether to get the jones solution womens 156 or mens 158. pretty sure i'm going with the mens 158. any advice?
kingston84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hi Kingston, please email Joshua Clements at josh@nidecker.com. He's a distributor for North America that sells Jones, Slash, Yes and Nidecker. He uses a Jones Split Solution, he can tell you exactly what the differences are. Hes great and a great person to ask technical questions. Good luck and enjoy your split.