Girl on a Jones Flagship - good idea? - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #41 (permalink)

Pictures please. Our California has been bad, few storms
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #42 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpjames 09 View Post
Pictures please. Our California has been bad, few storms
Yesterday was a big blue sky day, but was too occupied with riding to take pictures
Today clouds and snowfall -15C, was hardly able to read the snow 1m ahead. Good day to exercise 'ride deep down in your knees'

Bad pic, was too dark but just to say, I begin to love riding between trees, to throw the board seesaw. It's a pity that we don't have the opportunity to do this more
neni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:36 AM   #43 (permalink)

Great photos, thanks for posting. Enjoy that pow for me .
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #44 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre View Post
Great thread, and congrats on the new board! The Solution is one of the boards I've been thinking about for my next split, so it's good to hear your review of the Flagship. I'm 130lbs. and both my current boards are 154 (Charlie Slasher solid and K2 Panoramic split), but I think my next one will be around 160 and a bit stiffer. I even think something close to 170 would be great fun, especially on deep days when you have to stick to low angles because of the avy danger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston84 View Post
i'm so glad i found this post. i'm a 5'8, 150# gal who really prefers guys boards. rode only a 156 custom x for a long time, then got a b-pro 155 and have been a bit a let down. is fun, but squirrely at speed. can ride much more aggressively on the custom x.
now i'm investing in my first split and have been torn about whether to get the jones solution womens 156 or mens 158. pretty sure i'm going with the mens 158. any advice?
If one of you gets the Solution split, I'd be very interested how you liked it, which size you chose. Splits are a new topic for me. Unfortunately, there arn't many splits to test available here and the ones you get are not the newest ones... so it would be great to here what girls about my weight like to ride.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #45 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Default Girl on a NS Raptor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTracers View Post
Wow I weigh more then you and was told even the 154 would be way too big for me. Forget that though, I'm going for the 156 never summer raptor.
I somehow lost the intimidation by long boards by now and rode my husbands NS Raptor 164 today. Hit some centimeters of fresh snow: phantastic floating, like a surfboard (no wonder with my 120lbs)

The edgehold on icy slope parts was great too, by now, I lost the chickenshit attitude on ice. It's also very agile and fast egde to edge, but what was most striking was the carving. Wow, this board likes to carve! It eats groomers. It's increadible, how you get faster and faster with every turn. I was so shorttaken by the sudden amount of acceleration it develops in the middle of a carve, I almost flew out of the first ones After adjusting body position to those additional newton that build up, it was pure fun!

Actually, I'm quite surprised, how nice it was to ride. Would have expected to struggle somehow. Seems, my level is sufficiant to handle most boards in an acceptable manner (I'll give hell to the shop assistant not wanting to give me the test Billy Goat 'cause "girls can't ride such a board")

Compared to the Flagship, the Raptor was noticeable softer to ride. The chopped up stuff was by far less transmited to my feet. I've less tired legs after a day on this huge Raptor than on my Flagship. But at higher speeds, the Flagship appears to be more stable to me. I didn't like the feeling of the Raptor's rocker (I guess it's the rocker that caused this slight flabby feeling) on hard, flat straight lines. It didn't chatter or else (my husband rides it in by far higher speeds, so its obviously possible) but it didn't gave me the save "like on rails" feeling I have on the Flagship. Might be the different shape? Or the additional stiffness?
Anyway, the big board was big fun, but I'm glad to get back to my "small" big Flagship

Last edited by neni; 03-15-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Correct funny non English words
Old 03-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
I somehow lost the intimidation by long boards by now and rode my husbands NS Raptor 164 today. Hit some centimeters of fresh snow: phantastic floating, like a surfboard (no wonder with my 120lbs)

The edgehold on icy slope parts was great too, by now, I lost the chickenshit attitude on ice. It's also very agile and fast egde to edge, but what was most striking was the carving. Wow, this board likes to carve! It eats groomers. It's increadible, how you get faster and faster with every turn. I was so shorttaken by the sudden amount of acceleration it develops in the middle of a carve, I almost flew out of the first ones After adjusting body position to those additional newton that build up, it was pure fun!

Actually, I'm quite surprised, how nice it was to ride. Would have expected to struggle somehow. Seems, my level is sufficiant to handle most boards in an acceptable manner (I'll give hell to the shop assistant not wanting to give me the test Billy Goat 'cause "girls can't ride such a board")

Compared to the Flagship, the Raptor was noticeable softer to ride. The copped up stuff was by far less transmissioned to my feet. I've less tired legs after a day on this huge Raptor than on my Flagship. But in higher speeds, the Flagship appears to be more stable to me. I didn't like the feeling of the Raptor's rocker (I guess it's the rocker that caused this slight flabby feeling) on hard, flat straight lines. It didn't chatter or else (my husband rides it in by far higher speeds, so its obviously possible) but it didn't gave me the save "like on rails" feeling I have on the Flagship. Might be the different shape? Or the additional stiffness?
Anyway, the big board was big fun, but I'm glad to get back to my "small" big Flagship
Glad to see you handled that beast like a champ. Yes it is not near as stable flatbased as a full cambered board, but on edge...It is something else. Like you, first few deep carves nearly bucked me off. Still get surprised by it every now and again. Just as I think I am going to wash out, it digs in and you better be holding on! Like to see what you would think of a 156. Wondering if it would actually stabilize better for your size at higher speed.
wernersl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #47 (permalink)
Resident poet

it nice to see gals on boards that are up to their eye brows...my daughter 5'3", when she rides her cambered 155 she lays it flat takes off and just smoothly floats seemingly effortless.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #48 (permalink)

long overdue response, but i did end up getting the men's solution 58 last year and love it. use it as a resort board on trips too since rides like a solid w/ karakorams. it basically the split version of the flagship so i'm sure you'd like it.
kingston84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #49 (permalink)
t21

Neni, is your husband the "Black Shredder"? with the picture you posted,you could be his wife
FUSE-AT
t21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:40 AM   #50 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by t21 View Post
Neni, is your husband the "Black Shredder"? with the picture you posted,you could be his wife
Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston84 View Post
long overdue response, but i did end up getting the men's solution 58 last year and love it. use it as a resort board on trips too since rides like a solid w/ karakorams. it basically the split version of the flagship so i'm sure you'd like it.
Thanks for getting back! Any specific reason you went for the men's and not women's solution? I'm unsure which one to get; will need to buy this years anyway since last years are not around thus I have the full selection but won't be able to demo.

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale