Girl on a Jones Flagship - good idea? - Page 7 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #61 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

It's the same for me if I try minus (iirc it was -6) . Guess, you tried to stay with your hip parallel to the edge? My hip/shoulders are about 20 (rough guess) rotated from the edge and I can rotate the hip within the extreemes of almost parallel to the edge (e.g. for traversing on backside edge), up to orthogonal to the edge (e.g. to put all weight on front foot to gain speed straight down). With minus angles, forced to "open hip", body still tries to ride like that and hind knee feels exploding.

There's no theory or conviction behind that, it's just how my first board was set up 20y ago. If they would had set it up duck then, I'd probably ride duck today and feel fine as well. But my blance and muscle memory are used to that position now and I don't have the nerve learn "all over" again.

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
If he would own one, I absolutely would try it but he only did ride one on a demo day (fresh and very soft groomers - so very limited experience with it. He decided against it due to the pronounced magtrack, assumed that for high speed carving on hadpack, edges would bite too much, but that's guessing and not actual experience. He still tends to also get a Flagship, will give a longer one a try in Jan, since he was very excited with it when trying mine for a day on hardpack.)

I've no clue what "disengage" could signify... dictionary didn't come up with a translation I could figure out the meaning for snowboarding (we both ride +/+ angles).

Can't comment on this backseat/front foot difference since I haven't ridden the xv. I'd assume I don't ride in the backseat, my front leg is the one that has to work most and gets sore muscles, hind leg is the lazy steering leg

Really can't say if she would like either of them, don't know the models she owns already, so I can't compare. Depends on what she expects from the board, what you aim at riding. I'd say, it's less a question of if she can ride them - I'm convinced with strong legs and determination one can ride most boards - it's more a question if she likes the compromise (stability vs agility). My main requirements were float and stability at high speeds, for which the Flagship is perfect. The compromise in less agility I have to balance with my legs, which is ok for me. Sure, in challenging narrow terrain I would get tired sooner than with a more nimble board, but we mostly ride steep open alpine terrain and there it shines.
By disengage, I mean that once you have an edge set, it took a noticeable effort to get it to release at the end of your carve. Might have been the conditions and the speed. I found it didn't like going anything under 1000 km/h
neachdainn is offline   Reply With Quote