Help with Board size and Width - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Help with Board size and Width

I got my first board for christmas, Its a Ride Manic 164W. However i am not sure if it is slightly too big for me. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

I wear a size UK 11 boot. My barefoot measures at 28cm. I Weigh 177 pounds. And I am 6ft 1 tall.

I measured the board at the inserts and it is also 28CM. Would this board be to wide for me?

The bindings i got for it ( Ride EX ) are XL, Would you recommend i went with a large? I Havnt ever set a board up before so i am unsure what angle i will have the bindings. I havn't bought boots yet.

The boards i normally rent are size 160.. So i dont know whether this board would be too big for me.

I mainly just ride groomers/terrain and powder on the mountain however i do use the park occasionally.

Also i cant try the board to see if its ok because if it turns out to be too big then i can't return it for a smaller size.

If anyone could help that would be awesome

Thanks!
henno32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Can anybody shed some light on this for me? I will have to swap it tomorrow if its too big or i am screwed

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

it depends what you want to do with it and your skill, in MY OPINION it is too big. I am 6'3 and 210 and ride a 158 proto. I ride that in almost all conditions other then 18+ inches of fresh powder. so IMO i think you could/should size down. Also you dont really need a wide but that is a different story.
Rides website says which size boots fit which bindings. If you fall in the range then you are fine.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Id say i was intermediate level, ideally i would like to do a bit of everything with the board. I could either swap it for a 161 regular or a 160 Wide. Is it best to just put my barefoot on the board and see if it reaches the edges?
Old 12-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Also in regards to width, i measured accross the inserts where my bindings would be and its 27.4CM And my barefoot just measure 28.5. So at 0degrees there is a 9mm overhang.

Does this sound about right for my footsize? This is on the wide board?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sorry to keep bumping but i have to go to the shop today!

Tags
board size, snowboard and bindings