NeverSummer SL? You Tell Me! - Page 7 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
The SL so far is one of the smoothest board I rode on (not many). Some don't like that, but when cruising groomers it's great.

I'm curious for the Cobra ride.
The guy at the shop had one and he was telling me that those who demo'd it said it felt very stiff - comparably to the other neversummers I am guessing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Couple of pics with the bindings attached for those wondering...
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 06:22 AM

hello!

i use to ride a neversummer sl for 5 years now. i bought the board when i was novice and it help me to go to intermediate level.
i am happy with this board but i start looking more edge control (especially in black runs).
i saw 1-2 years before the new ripsaw and i was thinking of buying but on second thoughts i think i will loose a lot of the playfull and forgiveness of the sl plus it will be more demanding especially in the end of the day which the legs are not obey the commands

this year neversummer made the west . a softer version of the ripsaw ... does any of you rode it in some tests to tell me somethings about the board?

is it forgiving? if you compare it to the sl is it more stiff? if you compare it to the ripsaw what does it feel?

thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Stavros; 09-18-2015 at 06:29 AM.
post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 07:36 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
hello!

i use to ride a neversummer sl for 5 years now. i bought the board when i was novice and it help me to go to intermediate level.
i am happy with this board but i start looking more edge control (especially in black runs).
i saw 1-2 years before the new ripsaw and i was thinking of buying but on second thoughts i think i will loose a lot of the playfull and forgiveness of the sl plus it will be more demanding especially in the end of the day which the legs are not obey the commands

this year neversummer made the west . a softer version of the ripsaw ... does any of you rode it in some tests to tell me somethings about the board?

is it forgiving? if you compare it to the sl is it more stiff? if you compare it to the ripsaw what does it feel?

thanks in advance!!
West is definitely forgiving. It's a pretty mellow, but fun ride overall. It's been a couple of years since I rode an SL, but if I had to compare the flex of the West to the SL based on memory I'd say that the West is slightly softer overall, though relatively comparable. The West is noticeably softer and more mellow than the Ripsaw. I wouldn't call it simply a "softer Ripsaw". It's just a completely different board. If you're looking for a fresh update to your SL, but were happy with the SL, I don't think you can go wrong with the West.
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggravy View Post
West is definitely forgiving. It's a pretty mellow, but fun ride overall. It's been a couple of years since I rode an SL, but if I had to compare the flex of the West to the SL based on memory I'd say that the West is slightly softer overall, though relatively comparable. The West is noticeably softer and more mellow than the Ripsaw. I wouldn't call it simply a "softer Ripsaw". It's just a completely different board. If you're looking for a fresh update to your SL, but were happy with the SL, I don't think you can go wrong with the West.

Thanks a lot

You were helpful !
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
The West. Definitely The West.

If I could only own one current production board to do everything, it'd be The West.

"People say that marijuana smoking is going to get in the way of my career. I say to them that on the contrary, my fighting career is getting in the way of my marijuana smoking." -Nick Diaz
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 08:49 AM

I am in the same situation, I currently own a never summer sl and am looking at a west.
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
The West. Definitely The West.

If I could only own one current production board to do everything, it'd be The West.
Really? I was sold on paper. I was 110% sure I was gonna love the West more.

Exact opposite.

The Rip-Saw blew it away, for me anyway.

You won't be disappointed in either of them, but I don't think the Rip-Saw less fun.
Just a more powerful fun.

I vote for the Rip-Saw.

I am totally against twins & I still say the Rip-Saw.

TT

If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatyak View Post
I’ve been riding for about 12-13 years. Started in 1999-2000ish. I can handle a variety of terrain. I am 90% riding around the mountain and 10% doing tricks off of natural features. I don’t do the park anymore really – maybe a lap or two through it as I cruise around.

I am on the east coast and ride mainly hard packed snow .... man made snow (errr....ice), etc.. I do however take trips out west and when I do, I want to be able to ride the powder without struggling or nosediving. In fact I need a new board because I'm headed to Whistler in a few weeks.

Well the board I have had for a few years is a traditional camber – and that’s where my problem is.

I’ve always ridden a camber board – but I hit a rail at the end of last year and it broke the top sheet up off my board. I’ve read reviews where people had a hard time adjusting to camber/rocker/camber like Never Summer has. I’m just wondering what you think would be a good board for me?

I am 5'11 / 139 lbs, goofy stance.

I am seriously considering buying a NeverSummer SL. Is this the right board?

I want something that is:

Stable at high speed
Good on hard pack
Playful - because I do like to butter around while I ride, switch, press while riding, etc..
Good for powder (for trips out west) - no nosediving!

In short, I am more all mountain than just the terrain park. I like to hit natural features and be playful - all the while staying on runs. I don't know whether to go with the SL or the Proto or the Heritage or the Cobra... I don't care too much about graphics... obviously no pink fairies on the board... but the ride of the board is more important. I rather have a huge smile on my face as a graphic because the board rocks, versus some cool art photo on it.

Thank you!
The SL is actually discontinued and is now known as the snowtrooper which I have. It's a solid board. I've done everything with it. I'm on the east coast too but I tried it at my old job on a gear testing trip which is how I fell in love with it. Very versatile directional twin board with rock/cam/rock profile and medium flex. It's got a low pro nose but it floats surprisingly well. Just food for thought if you like the SL.
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Bought a 164 Snowtrooper this year. Pretty stoked to try it out in the trees and pow!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode