Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Lib Tech Hot Knife (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52682-lib-tech-hot-knife.html)

nethngbtstk 12-26-2012 04:22 PM

Lib Tech Hot Knife
 
Sick sick board. Just picked it up this weekend and rode 4 days in Stowe VT with 40" over last 72 hrs. This board has it all imo. Speed, carving, pop, did I mention speed and carving?? Oh yes i did but seriously cant say that enough. I brought my 153 T-Rice HP with me for comparison. Very different boards. For me I like high speed all mountain freestyle. The ride the T-Rice is a great all around / all mountain board and it’s sick no questions asked but when you really push it and I’m referring to steep high speed runs with good lines it’s just not the same as the hot knife. The HK (hot knife) is completely stable at high speeds and handles the chop. The board carves like it’s on rails. The main thing I noticed is the nose guides the board into the turn. When on T-Rice I feel it’s more the middle to rear of board pushing through the turn while the HK guides the front through the turn and the rest of board to follow. I can only describe it as rear wheel drive vs all wheel drive. I rode in fresh pow easy 12" plus and just lean back every so slightly and it floats great. Hop out the pow onto groomer and take the f**k off! For jumps it has tons of pop. The harder you pop the higher it goes. It definitely caught me by surprise at first. It’s a dense board too. Eats up the chop and washed out runs. Just all around a great great board. I would highly recommend this to someone how like high speed, great carving, flying off rollers, and all around badass snowboarding!! Yeahhhh :D

TorpedoVegas 12-26-2012 04:50 PM

Sounds awesome.. I think my next board to replace my TRice will for sure have C3. I want to see what LibTech comes out with for next season. I would love it if they came out with a few more C3 board options.

jbernste03 12-31-2012 08:11 AM

Been thinking about replacing my t.rice with the HK too. I noticed the same about the trice with turns being intiated from the middle of the board.. its still a little strange for me coming from a camber board before. What size HK did you get and whats ur stats? Just curious to see if i got the right size for me. Im 5'8 , 180 pounds.

sidewall 12-31-2012 06:17 PM

Sweet- eager to see what boards have C3 in 2014.

nethngbtstk 01-02-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbernste03 (Post 559183)
Been thinking about replacing my t.rice with the HK too. I noticed the same about the trice with turns being intiated from the middle of the board.. its still a little strange for me coming from a camber board before. What size HK did you get and whats ur stats? Just curious to see if i got the right size for me. Im 5'8 , 180 pounds.

Iím 5'7, 165 and went with the 156. I feel itís the perfect size for me. I have the Rice in both 153 and 157. 153 is good for playing, 157 is big on me. The HK in 156 fits perfect. Its narrower then the Rice boards too. If you put a 157Rice next to it you can clearly see the difference. If you can demo it do it, or just buy it lol.

jbernste03 01-02-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nethngbtstk (Post 560090)
Iím 5'7, 165 and went with the 156. I feel itís the perfect size for me. I have the Rice in both 153 and 157. 153 is good for playing, 157 is big on me. The HK in 156 fits perfect. Its narrower then the Rice boards too. If you put a 157Rice next to it you can clearly see the difference. If you can demo it do it, or just buy it lol.

So you can really feel the difference in the hotknife with the nose leading the board instead of from the middle/back of the board.. thats what im looking for..something closer to my traditional camber board but with a bit more playfulness.. the t.rice feels squirly when riding flat or going slower..when i bomb down the mountain, it feels great though

poutanen 01-02-2013 02:59 PM

They lost me on the marketing...

From Hot Knife – Lib Tech... "The worlds best camber snowboard is a banana"

I'm sure they make some great boards, but worlds best camber board? :icon_scratch:

Other than that, sounds like you had fun on it. :thumbsup:

nethngbtstk 01-02-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbernste03 (Post 560108)
So you can really feel the difference in the hotknife with the nose leading the board instead of from the middle/back of the board.. thats what im looking for..something closer to my traditional camber board but with a bit more playfulness.. the t.rice feels squirly when riding flat or going slower..when i bomb down the mountain, it feels great though

Yeah no joke that was the one thing I kept telling everyone I was with about the board and guys at the shop where I demo'ed it. The camber in the board just sinks the nose in the snow and pulls you through the turn. Not like the Rice where you feel the rear pushing through. itís not even close. Put it this way, I have 3 T-rice boards and have been a big fan but first run on HK I was totally like wtf. After 4-5 runs I was rippin this board harder and faster than any of my rice boards. I rode it again this weekend in waste deep POW and it floats great!! Iím telling you hands down the sickest board I have ridden to date. And Iím riding 20+ years. Oh and also its not catchy. There were a few times I should have ate shit going way to fast over rollers and landing shitty but I was total able to ride it out. Also its smooth as butter flat basing. Not that squirmy feeling you get on the ride. Fucker is solid man

nethngbtstk 01-02-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutanen (Post 560134)
They lost me on the marketing...

From Hot Knife Ė Lib Tech... "The worlds best camber snowboard is a banana"

I'm sure they make some great boards, but worlds best camber board? :icon_scratch:

Other than that, sounds like you had fun on it. :thumbsup:

When i saw it released on Lib's sight over the summer I couldnít have cared less cause I wanted nothing to do with camber especially from Lib but now after ridding it, it is so f'ng different then you would think

C3 CAMBER DOMINANT BANANA (C3 BTX) - YouTube

The whole board is camber but its camber nose to middle then middle to back creating banana in the middle. That vid shows exactly how it looks in person.

jbernste03 01-02-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nethngbtstk (Post 560139)
Yeah no joke that was the one thing I kept telling everyone I was with about the board and guys at the shop where I demo'ed it. The camber in the board just sinks the nose in the snow and pulls you through the turn. Not like the Rice where you feel the rear pushing through. itís not even close. Put it this way, I have 3 T-rice boards and have been a big fan but first run on HK I was totally like wtf. After 4-5 runs I was rippin this board harder and faster than any of my rice boards. I rode it again this weekend in waste deep POW and it floats great!! Iím telling you hands down the sickest board I have ridden to date. And Iím riding 20+ years. Oh and also its not catchy. There were a few times I should have ate shit going way to fast over rollers and landing shitty but I was total able to ride it out. Also its smooth as butter flat basing. Not that squirmy feeling you get on the ride. Fucker is solid man

Damn I want it now BADDD.. I gotta sell this t.rice first..im willing to take a 100$ hit on it though..I only used it twice this season so far..trying to get $600 for it then buy the HK


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2