Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   looking for a dedicated powder board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52716-looking-dedicated-powder-board.html)

nofronts 12-27-2012 12:02 PM

looking for a dedicated powder board

Plain and simple just looking for a board that i will only ride in deep powder. From what i heard i should go long and wide. Was thinking about a NS Cobra X 163 but would like to spend a bit less since i would ride it more then 5 time a year. Any suggestion on a good board for powder.

TorpedoVegas 12-27-2012 12:21 PM

Jones Hovercraft
Bataleon Camel Toe
Capita Charlie Slasher
Rome Notch
Salomon Powder Snake

All fairly cheap powder boards

nofronts 12-27-2012 12:37 PM

thanks for the info

Richie67 12-27-2012 04:37 PM

Aye long n wide, chop down a big branch.

Nivek 12-27-2012 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie67 (Post 557732)
Aye long n wide, chop down a big branch.

If it were me, 47 Powdersnake or that crazy short and wide YES. Short boards in pow are dumb amounts of fun.

Mysticfalcon 12-27-2012 05:12 PM

I would say a NS Summit or a Smokin Pinnr. Both great pow boards

blunted_nose 12-27-2012 05:22 PM

Bataleon camel toe, hovy and goat. Depends if you just want it to float or also look like a pow rocked IE. swallow tail and huge nose. Direction twin will be more versatile, but something like a fish will be funner. Honestly, going fast enough anything will float.

snowklinger 12-27-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunted_nose (Post 557768)
Bataleon camel toe, hovy and goat. Depends if you just want it to float or also look like a pow rocked IE. swallow tail and huge nose. Direction twin will be more versatile, but something like a fish will be funner. Honestly, going fast enough anything will float.

:bestpost:

What about the goat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 557752)
If it were me, 47 Powdersnake or that crazy short and wide YES. Short boards in pow are dumb amounts of fun.

What about a nug?

phony_stark 12-27-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas (Post 557607)
Jones Hovercraft
Bataleon Camel Toe
Capita Charlie Slasher
Rome Notch
Salomon Powder Snake

All fairly cheap powder boards

Aaaaaand /thread

I have a charles slasher and it was one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Cheap.
Looks like a snowboard.
Still rides well when everything is tracked out.

The Cameltoe is next on my list. I want one of them weird cock shaped powboards and LOVE TBT.

nofronts 12-28-2012 11:43 AM

Jeez there are a lot more options then what i was thinking. Based on the price alone I'm thinking about going with the Charlie Slasher. I really never even though about getting a dedicated powder board and my reason to do so is that i have been spending more and more time in deep powder with a bunch of skiers. They are really comfortable in 3+ feet and I was starting to have issues maneuvering and if i fell i would be completely immobilized. So i really just need a board that will keep me up and moving in the deep stuff. So from anyone with experience does the Charlie Slasher still seem like a good bet?