buying a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default buying a new board

Hi everyone!

I'm new to snowboarding, I only went a couple times last year and always rented, but I was thinking of buying my own board this year. I still haven't bought it but I have one in mind and I was wondering if I could get some information from you guys.

The board is a lamar cruiser 1540 and apparently it hasn't been used much. The person is asking 100$ for the board, bindings, and boots. It sounds like a pretty good deal to me but I don't know anything about buying boards. Is there anything I should be looking for? I don't want to be wasting my money and getting ripped off.

If it turns out to be a good buy, what do I do to it after it? I think I'll have to wax it but is there anything else I would need to do?
fischer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's a hundo so you really can't go wrong if it's a recent board. If it's not from the last few seasons you can find something newer for the same price. As far as the boots go and likely the bindings, they're not for you. Boots are very personal and really the most important piece of equipment, get your own and don't be cheap. Bindings unless your boots are a similar size you'll probably end up needing new ones. Buy board leave boots and maybe bindings, negotiate for board at $75.
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ditch the boots.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
It's a hundo so you really can't go wrong if it's a recent board. If it's not from the last few seasons you can find something newer for the same price. As far as the boots go and likely the bindings, they're not for you. Boots are very personal and really the most important piece of equipment, get your own and don't be cheap. Bindings unless your boots are a similar size you'll probably end up needing new ones. Buy board leave boots and maybe bindings, negotiate for board at $75.
She said the bindings were adjustable. She had 2 different ads for boots (one for 9s and one for 11s) and I was going to try on both when I got there to see which one was a better fit. I'm really kind of cash strapped at the moment due to school and not working much so I don't know if I have the money to spend an extra hundred on boots. As for the ad prices, it was 75 for the board and bindings and 50 for the boots but since I was getting them together she offered them for 100.

Since she said the bindings are adjustable, should I still try and find my own bindings somewhere? If either of the boots fit, should I still try and find my own boots?
fischer9 is offline   Reply With Quote