Beginner Boarder can't find comfortable stance - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

i'm not sure what you mean by fixed position; it shouldn't be that different because your feet should be still. but i'll take your word for it since i can't be there. i'm stumped as well. i'd take eastside's advice, just ride with it and see if it's an adaptation thing.
onefutui2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Some of the higher end bindings nowadays, have an angled footbed, known as a cant. They come in different heights & angles.

The painful feeling you're having isn't unique to you, many people get it.

Do what I suggested, cut out a piece of foam & put it under your boot, on top of your binding.

This is just what we did to address the problem 20 years ago, before bindings had cants.

Here is someone else's DIY cants, this method just takes a bit longer & is a bit more technical.
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bin...pad-diyer.html

Cutting a little triangle & sticking it there is just the fastest way to get er done.

How about just amuse me, & stick something under there. You don't have to glue it or even stick it there. Just put it there, step on it & do your bindings up.

Pretty please, right fuckin' now.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

Hmm, that's odd. Is the pain really kinda above your knee? If so you're not fit enough. Suck it up and you'll toughen up. I don't know your age if you're under 18 you could most likely be having growing pains. I didn't snowboard when I was younger, but playing roller hockey used to kill my knees. As for binding positioning, You shouldn't go over 30 with both bindings combined. I keep my front foot usually somewhere from 5-15 and my back 0-5 or keep both sides the same if you plan to ride switch but don't go over 30. If your front foot is 15 than your back shouldn't exceed 15. You shouldn't really have issues just try to set a position and get used to it?
LilGanjaNvrHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Some of the higher end bindings nowadays, have an angled footbed, known as a cant. They come in different heights & angles.

The painful feeling you're having isn't unique to you, many people get it.

Do what I suggested, cut out a piece of foam & put it under your boot, on top of your binding.

This is just what we did to address the problem 20 years ago, before bindings had cants.

Here is someone else's DIY cants, this method just takes a bit longer & is a bit more technical.
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bin...pad-diyer.html

Cutting a little triangle & sticking it there is just the fastest way to get er done.

How about just amuse me, & stick something under there. You don't have to glue it or even stick it there. Just put it there, step on it & do your bindings up.

Pretty please, right fuckin' now.

TT

just tried it. it helps a bit definitely but i tried it again without it and i think it's just something I need to get use to. right now my angles are +20/-10. this feels pretty good besides getting use to the knee thing. Also, bending my knees low also helps
mattybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

+20 is a really really wide angle for your front foot.. i wouldnt be surprised if that knee is turned to far out making your back foot feel awkward

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East§ide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
+20 is a really really wide angle for your front foot.. i wouldnt be surprised if that knee is turned to far out making your back foot feel awkward
what's a standard angle? I know it's all about comfort but what's pretty common for this stance?
mattybee is offline   Reply With Quote