Arbor boards - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=onefutui2e;558119]i think the durability is hit or miss enough that it might just be a case of bad luck on the part of those who report it.QUOTE]

The same can be said of any board out there, or product for that matter. I'm just speaking from my personal experience as well as witnessing the 3 guys in my crew that ride Arbors almost exclusively with great "luck."
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

love my Blacklist and also liked the Element RX that I demo'd last winter.

As far as durability is concerned it is holding up pretty well after half a season on rails & jibs, and I slammed it base-first in to a tree on Tuesday (I failed to 'thread-the-needle' on a sketchy log jib dismount, it was either me or the board) and it survived even though I'm probably pushing 215 lbs these days.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think we need to define durability. So far with the Coda and the Westmark, they get "ugly" quicker. Still ride-able, still performs the same, they're just ugly after a few days. Chips up top, scratches galore on the bottom. Not regular scratches either, ugly ones you want to shave off. One part of my coda looks like someone took a cheese grater to it. And this was after riding groomers

But once they're ugly, they're ugly and that's that. It didn't get any worse when I went to squaw and alpine and was riding much more varied terrain that at Bear.

Never Summers for example don't degrade that fast.

But if we're talking about durability, as in the board breaking in half or splitting, I don't see much of that. The sintered bases due seem to degrade pretty fast though, requiring maintenance.
jdang307 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
I think we need to define durability. So far with the Coda and the Westmark, they get "ugly" quicker. Still ride-able, still performs the same, they're just ugly after a few days. Chips up top, scratches galore on the bottom. Not regular scratches either, ugly ones you want to shave off. One part of my coda looks like someone took a cheese grater to it. And this was after riding groomers

But once they're ugly, they're ugly and that's that. It didn't get any worse when I went to squaw and alpine and was riding much more varied terrain that at Bear.

Never Summers for example don't degrade that fast.

But if we're talking about durability, as in the board breaking in half or splitting, I don't see much of that. The sintered bases due seem to degrade pretty fast though, requiring maintenance.
agreed with your definition. your experience/descriptions pretty much mirrors mine, with the addition of the two deep cuts that required base welds. this is again, anecdotal, but when i compare the bases of my westmark with my other boards, it definitely feels softer. take that as you will.

and i agree triple8sol, that's why i said it's anecdotal. i don't have enough beef about my board (i still love it, still ride it) to want to do an in-depth study on this, but it seems like there's at least a group of people on this forum who experienced similar that there might be something to the claims. all good otherwise. your mileage may vary.
onefutui2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

I've been riding Lib or Gnu for about the same amount of time as the OP. Been on a '10/11 Riders Choice and picked up an Arbor Coda this year. I think Arbors parabolic rocker (or whatevs) is a fun change of pace to the C2BTX.

Coda is a little more playful that the RC. RC is a little more stable when bombing. I tend to ride my Coda when conditions are ideal and my Riders Choice when I need to bust through crud all day.
Fergatron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well looks like they only got the lower end models left and nothing in a 61...So no new board for me today.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote