How important are board graphics to you? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCatt View Post
This may sound pretty dumb, but I'm in love with the Ladies Choice...I just think it's the ugliest fucking thing!

I know it shouldn't bother me, but I can't seem to bring myself to buy it because I hate it so much. It's to the point where I might just wait another season to drop five bills on a new board.

So my question to all of you is, how important are board graphics to you? Do they significantly influence your decision?
I don't think I would pass up the perfect board because of graphics. If it were that bad I would just do my own paint job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
Over the years there has been a board or two I have pondered cause they were right size, flex, price...but had to pass on due to graphic.

Here are a couple that i could not ride...but if anyone else can, go for it. Guess i am too old...

Lobster Snowboards

Lobster Snowboards
Those made me lol. I would have rode them at one time in my life hoping to offend uptight folks, but now I wouldent...well maybe if it wasent my daily ride.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

i totally agree. at one point i might have rode the lobsters to bug uptight folks. I am still STRONGLY considering the below. It is just so clever. And well i respect the heck out of burton, this is almost too good to pass up.

I just got to take the poll of how many people ask me who buck ferton is...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buck-ferton-SNOWBOARD-SMOKING-SNOWBOARD.jpg (46.1 KB, 89 views)
scottb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

LOL buck ferton should have been my screen name.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I bike lurton...well, some of his stuff
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Over the years there has been a board or two I have pondered cause they were right size, flex, price...but had to pass on due to graphic.

Here are a couple that i could not ride...but if anyone else can, go for it. Guess i am too old...

Lobster Snowboards

Lobster Snowboards
Those are fucking gross, and I'm a younger dude I just don't find a monster vagina or chick taking a dump into a dudes mouth to be appealing. Even cartoony. It perpetuates the stereotype that boarders are douchebags.
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
i totally agree. at one point i might have rode the lobsters to bug uptight folks. I am still STRONGLY considering the below. It is just so clever. And well i respect the heck out of burton, this is almost too good to pass up.

I just got to take the poll of how many people ask me who buck ferton is...
I can't decide whether it makes me lul or find it slightly childish. As the other guy said, I like some of Ferton's stuff..bindings for example.
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMTNsteeze View Post
I like those graphics, kinda reminds me of a Trapper keeper.
LOOOL! @ the op: Yeah I think the look of a board is important to the person buying it. I want to get a smokin superpark but I think the graphic is hideous. There's a white booger flying out of this dudes nose that is just putting me off so bad. I like the board though so I'll probably buy it.
Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #28 (permalink)

female

I feel you there. That is an ugly board. As for the pickle being too soft for you to ride, I would check up on some of the videos that have been posted of pro's riding that board and the GNU - B-Nice for that matter. The softer boards seemed to be holding up quite nicely to those who like a little stiffer board. It's why I went with the B-Nice is the first place, soft enough to play on but I don't lose a whole lot of functionality.

Btw, I wasn't a big fan of the B-Nice graphics to begin with but when I got my boots and bindings, it all kind of fell into place to make one kick ass set up. Hope you can find something. I am huge fan of GNU also.
DesireeM81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Veteran Member

like jello24 said, most people pay very little attention to others board graphics. I'm too busy doing other things on mtn (riding, eating) instead of board graphic sightseeing/criticism....and, unless boards are on the rack or you're looking up at the chairlift (or someone is sitting around on the top of the mtn trying to display their board), graphics aren't really as much on display as you think. On the other hand, an ugly jacket...

Those special ed lobster boards are pretty gross, but I'd ride one (if it was given to me) because the drawings are actually well done and I know hardly anyone is going to ever see it, anyhow
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

here's another winner...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CNTRCT_BRDS_146_main.jpg (49.0 KB, 72 views)
scottb7 is offline   Reply With Quote