Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   How important are board graphics to you? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52801-how-important-board-graphics-you.html)

AliCatt 12-29-2012 01:36 PM

How important are board graphics to you?

1 Attachment(s)
This may sound pretty dumb, but I'm in love with the Ladies Choice...I just think it's the ugliest fucking thing!

I know it shouldn't bother me, but I can't seem to bring myself to buy it because I hate it so much. It's to the point where I might just wait another season to drop five bills on a new board.

So my question to all of you is, how important are board graphics to you? Do they significantly influence your decision?

Slush Puppie 12-29-2012 02:10 PM

Have you seen the board in person and on the snow? They often look a lot better than in pictures.

Or you could over it in stickers..

It's great if you are totally stoked on the style of your board but remember you won't be thinking about what the board looks like while having fun slashing pow..

To answer your question. My board has pretty dull graphics and I certainly like others a lot better. I bought it anyway because it was the right board. I don't hate the design though, it's 'alright'.

If you really cant stand that design, then I'm sure you can find a very close alternative from a different manufacturer.

stealthyc 12-29-2012 02:12 PM

I think that's hilarious... A few seasons ago I wanted a Capita Space Metal Fantasy, but the graphics on that were so hideous I couldn't do it either. I won't buy a board just because the graphics are cool, but if it is ugly enough I also won't buy the board. I would not have been able to stand getting on that Capita every day.

East§ide 12-29-2012 02:14 PM

i dont really care either way, id rather have the right board for me regardless of the graphics..that being said, theres probably something similar to the ladies choice from another company with different graphics. i think it looks pretty cool actually imho

AliCatt 12-29-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slush Puppie (Post 558623)
Have you seen the board in person and on the snow? They often look a lot better than in pictures.

It looks better in pictures than it does in person, hahah.

I've been looking for something similar but I really want to try the asymmetrical heel/toe edge thing that Mervin put out this year, so I'm fairly limited.

And on stickers: I'm feeling like the board design is too busy to cover in stickers...would just make it worse. Eh, I might just deal with it. :dunno:

mojo maestro 12-29-2012 02:35 PM

Cover the topsheet with pink duct tape.....problem solved.

East§ide 12-29-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliCatt (Post 558630)
It looks better in pictures than it does in person, hahah.

I've been looking for something similar but I really want to try the asymmetrical heel/toe edge thing that Mervin put out this year, so I'm fairly limited.

And on stickers: I'm feeling like the board design is too busy to cover in stickers...would just make it worse. Eh, I might just deal with it. :dunno:

thats their pickle shape which i believe is on all of Gnu's boards..why not a pickle or carbon credit or something?

AliCatt 12-29-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by East§ide (Post 558633)
thats their pickle shape which i believe is on all of Gnu's boards..why not a pickle or carbon credit or something?

I don't think all the boards have it, could be wrong though. I know not all of the Roxy boards have that shape.
Anyway, the pickle would be a bit too soft...as for the Carbon Credit I'm a girl, so I'd rather not ride a men's board. (Looks awesome though!)

RockyMTNsteeze 12-29-2012 07:05 PM

I like those graphics, kinda reminds me of a Trapper keeper. Some companies are pretty freaking boring with their graphics. The last 2 boards I bought were colorful Roxy boards. The colorful boards do show up nice in pictures. I bought my boards based on the brand and type of board as opposed to how they look.

If a board was really ugly I might not buy it. I had an ugly Nitro TI, but I would not pay no 500 dollars for it. I never pay even close to that. Previous seasons boards are good enough for me.

NoOtherOptions 12-29-2012 07:09 PM

I don't care personally. I loved my old Burton Clash (looked like a guitar), but now I ride a LibTech board and I'm whatever on it. I'm with the above poster that stated a board can be ugly enough for me NOT to buy it.