How important are board graphics to you? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How important are board graphics to you?

This may sound pretty dumb, but I'm in love with the Ladies Choice...I just think it's the ugliest fucking thing!

I know it shouldn't bother me, but I can't seem to bring myself to buy it because I hate it so much. It's to the point where I might just wait another season to drop five bills on a new board.

So my question to all of you is, how important are board graphics to you? Do they significantly influence your decision?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gnu-ladies-choice-c2pbtx-snowboard-women-s-2013-front.jpg (85.8 KB, 268 views)
AliCatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Have you seen the board in person and on the snow? They often look a lot better than in pictures.

Or you could over it in stickers..

It's great if you are totally stoked on the style of your board but remember you won't be thinking about what the board looks like while having fun slashing pow..

To answer your question. My board has pretty dull graphics and I certainly like others a lot better. I bought it anyway because it was the right board. I don't hate the design though, it's 'alright'.

If you really cant stand that design, then I'm sure you can find a very close alternative from a different manufacturer.
Slush Puppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think that's hilarious... A few seasons ago I wanted a Capita Space Metal Fantasy, but the graphics on that were so hideous I couldn't do it either. I won't buy a board just because the graphics are cool, but if it is ugly enough I also won't buy the board. I would not have been able to stand getting on that Capita every day.
stealthyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i dont really care either way, id rather have the right board for me regardless of the graphics..that being said, theres probably something similar to the ladies choice from another company with different graphics. i think it looks pretty cool actually imho

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slush Puppie View Post
Have you seen the board in person and on the snow? They often look a lot better than in pictures.
It looks better in pictures than it does in person, hahah.

I've been looking for something similar but I really want to try the asymmetrical heel/toe edge thing that Mervin put out this year, so I'm fairly limited.

And on stickers: I'm feeling like the board design is too busy to cover in stickers...would just make it worse. Eh, I might just deal with it.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Cover the topsheet with pink duct tape.....problem solved.
mojo maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCatt View Post
It looks better in pictures than it does in person, hahah.

I've been looking for something similar but I really want to try the asymmetrical heel/toe edge thing that Mervin put out this year, so I'm fairly limited.

And on stickers: I'm feeling like the board design is too busy to cover in stickers...would just make it worse. Eh, I might just deal with it.
thats their pickle shape which i believe is on all of Gnu's boards..why not a pickle or carbon credit or something?

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
thats their pickle shape which i believe is on all of Gnu's boards..why not a pickle or carbon credit or something?
I don't think all the boards have it, could be wrong though. I know not all of the Roxy boards have that shape.
Anyway, the pickle would be a bit too soft...as for the Carbon Credit I'm a girl, so I'd rather not ride a men's board. (Looks awesome though!)
Old 12-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

I like those graphics, kinda reminds me of a Trapper keeper. Some companies are pretty freaking boring with their graphics. The last 2 boards I bought were colorful Roxy boards. The colorful boards do show up nice in pictures. I bought my boards based on the brand and type of board as opposed to how they look.

If a board was really ugly I might not buy it. I had an ugly Nitro TI, but I would not pay no 500 dollars for it. I never pay even close to that. Previous seasons boards are good enough for me.

IT AINT EAZY BEIN STEEZY
RockyMTNsteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't care personally. I loved my old Burton Clash (looked like a guitar), but now I ride a LibTech board and I'm whatever on it. I'm with the above poster that stated a board can be ugly enough for me NOT to buy it.
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote