question about Burton board sizing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default question about Burton board sizing

I am female 5'6" 120lbs riding a camber feelgood 2010-2011 in size 149cm. the sizing chart on the back of the board for that year read weight range 100-145 so i thought I was good. Today a salesperson in a shop told me my board was way too big, so i checked the sizing on the new ones and Burton now recommends a starting weight of 120lbs. is there a difference between the feelgoods in the 2 years ? my board is fairly stiff but rideable and carves good on groomers, but now I am confused and wondering if a smaller board would be better for me. I have also emailed burton. i would appreciate any insight from burton experts on the forum. thank you
bluesteelguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm not a burton expert but in general Burton has been advocating riding shorter in the past couple of years.

Part of this is that my understanding is that they are putting stiffer cores in boards so that you can ride shorter for same weight in the more recent boards. So your current board could be sized right for your weight from a flex perspective but in the new versions stiffer cores would mean that a shorter board would be the right size in the newer models.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the response. its pretty frustrating to walk into a shop and have the sales guy tell you your brand new board is WAY too big for you. I tend to trust burton over some sales guy who knows nothing about my riding style. Not sure I will be shopping there again. I bought the board 2 years ago at the same shop and it's the smallest board I have ever ridden. Would love to hear more feedback from others as well on board sizing. the next size down for burton feelgood is 144 which seems very small to me.
bluesteelguitar is offline   Reply With Quote