Looking for a board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a board

Hello everybody, My name is Stefan, I live in Romania and I am practicing snowboarding for 3 years.
The firs year I used renting places for aquiring a board, but the next two years, after realising that I spend so much money on renting boards in a year, I've decided to buy a secondhand board from a s-h store. So I spend 120$ for a pair of boots (old model Salmon), and Atomic Board and bindings (metalic usual bindings and a pink...ish board).
I have learned to wax and even to P-Tex the snowboard becouse unfortunately the slopes in my country are full of ice and rocks almost all the winter season.
I even learned how to do easy jumps and realize that it's time to change the board (maybe even the bindings and boots) and found myself more atracted by the extreme side of this sport (tricks and jumps, do not like to bullet down the slope in straight line).
I am asking for a decent board (good price/performance ratio) for tricks and jumps (when I am saying jumps I mean really small ones).
And by the way, I heard tha there are some type of bindings, flow i think, that are extremely fast to put on/off. Is this type of binding ok? Reliable? Durable?
Thank you! (Sorry for my english)
dmxgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For what your looking for pretty much any freestyle board will do, tough to say what to buy cause I assume boards cost a lot there. But here I guess K2 is one of the best for price/performance. Anything by the big names like Burton, Libtech, Ride, K2, Rossignal ect are going to be good quality.
Those flow bindings are pretty good, but lots of other companies do the same style of entry where the highback drops down to get in.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for reply,
I will apreciate if someone will point me to an European snowboard shop. If I am buying from outside Europe, I will pay an extra 25% plus some stupid internal taxes (total of ~ 35% extra).
Old 12-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxgordon View Post
Thank you for reply,
I will apreciate if someone will point me to an European snowboard shop. If I am buying from outside Europe, I will pay an extra 25% plus some stupid internal taxes (total of ~ 35% extra).
blue-tomato.com

To many boards to choose from + they have a 12% off till the 2nd of januari
gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

For now, all I could found out in my country (and very cheap) are some boards from Limited4you. Unfortunately, none of them are twin tip. I found a rocker limited4you pro 2012 (flex level 6)at 130 $ and a Raven TTT 2012 rocker (flex level 3)at 190 $ (the Raven is a twin tip).
I imagine what flex level is, but I don't know what is better for me (179 cm height, 82 Kg athletic physique). and for buttering, jumping and stuff.

Also, are those two board that I've presentet up above good for Buttering, jumping and stuff? I never heard about Limited4you before.

Please sugest me some more good boards but at a price tag of maximum 200$. It does not have to be that high. Something around 130 - 150$ will be a bless for me as for now, this is the amount of money that I've got.

Thank's again for helping me out.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Placa Snowboard Santa Cruz Frankenfont Noua - Okazii (121732263)

hard to find a board on the internet and then try to buy it from romania. cauta pe okazii.ro, snowboard.ro, ai sanse bune sa gasesti ceva, mai scump sau mai ieftin.
fraxmental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Indeed...it is pretty hard.
Maibe I will find a free shipping or low shipping cost European shop and buy from there.
But first i have to know exactly what to buy.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

What do you think about this?
snowboard Sims Quest 11/12 | Snowboard Shop SNOWBOARD1.RO
It cost's about 140$.

It's saying:
All mountain/Freeride snowboard
Rocker
Directional Twintip
Sidewall
Biaxial
Wooden core
Old 01-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

I am 179 cm and 82 Kg.
I am thinking at a 155cm board. Correct me if I am wrong.

What about these boards:

Sims Quest
Sims Protocol
Westige Paint RC
BTM PRV TRC
Santa Cruz Frankenfont
Santa Cruz Scratch Knot Rocker
Santa Cruz Flaming Dot

For me the first 4 are more accesible (if they are any good). Santa Cruz boards are 40$ over the first 4 mentioned above.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have just realized that Sims boards have a flat rocker so there is no rocker or camber, just flat. Is this any good for quick turns, small jumps and easy tricks like butter or, I don't know, 180, 360 stuff like that?