Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Attack banana carving (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52836-attack-banana-carving.html)

ARSENALFAN 12-30-2012 01:13 PM

Attack banana carving

Well I have decided to get rid of my 2012 Attack Banana as soon as I get some more cash - I am confident in my decision. I found this review about its poor carving ability at high speed. I tried performing high speed carves behind my bud who is on a Travis Rice Pro and I had to dial it back big time - LAZY SUNDAY CARVES BIG TIME. I constantly felt like I was going to wash out at higher speeds - say above 60km/h. It had not snowed for a week and the snow was concrete hard pack. One thing I should note is that I didn't seem to have the same problem in the past with light snowfall or springlike conditions. This review was on a site called Agnarchy:

The Attack Banana’s medium flex gave it just enough responsiveness to handle pretty well on groomers, where it excelled at low- to medium speed carves, quick enough edge-to-edge for short radius turns and comfortable also on the more drawn out lazy Sunday carves. Although conditions were pretty close to ideal for board tests this day, the Attack Banana did fold on me under pressure on aggressive turns/carves. Lib’s magnetraction performs as expected and gives you some added “bite” in the hardpack.

Anybody had a similar experience with this board. Is this what to expect from elliptical camber? Anybody else dislike or like this board? My god, I cannot afford to make any more bad purchases so any comments much appreciated.:dizzy:

ARSENALFAN 12-30-2012 01:29 PM

and one more review:

I loved the banana in pow or tracked fresh snow, but felt it could use a little more stability on hard pack/groomers. I also missed not being able to flex out the board to get a tighter carve on hard pack.

blunted_nose 12-30-2012 02:14 PM

I would say, get a goat. Same thing, except you can go faster and turn quicker. The narrow waist does make it seem nervous at speeds but the edge hold and stiffness brings the confidence back. Ill let you try mine if you want? OR a custom x......

ARSENALFAN 12-30-2012 02:16 PM

I will definately try it out but I am not convinced it is the board for me. Thanks for the offer:)

blunted_nose 12-30-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN (Post 558958)
I will definately try it out but I am not convinced it is the board for me. Thanks for the offer:)

No problem, just let me know when you want it.

freshy 12-30-2012 02:44 PM

If your not giving up on Libtech yet try a dark series. I got a 61 and it feels great no matter what I'm doing. Love it on high speed runs.