Looking for a good all-around board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
revolver is going to be way softer than a freeride board. Middle of the road I'd go proto, more freeride all mountain I'd go heritage
interesting. Proto CT and Revolver are in the same category according to NS, so what makes them that much different? just the softness?

man it was much easier picking a board in 2003
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
interesting. Proto CT and Revolver are in the same category according to NS, so what makes them that much different? just the softness?

man it was much easier picking a board in 2003
Yeah, the Revolver is a wider version of the Evo, which is basically the "softest" board NS makes. It's mainly a park board, designed for jibbing more than anything.

The Proto CT is a true twin, all mountain freestyle kind of board. It is designed to be playful and snappy, designed more for jumps and being able to hold its own on the whole mountain.

IMO, the Heritage is more of a freeride board, and not as playful or forgiving as the Proto would be. I also believe it is a directional twin, similar to the SL.

Here is a decent run-down of some of the different NS boards:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...tml#post494800
TBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,812
Default

The evo is a park board but isn't that soft. It does chatter though.

The flex of the Proto is stiffer, but the same dampness.

Proto/SL sounds right up your alley if you're sticking with Never Summer.

Looking to butter and possibly jib later? Doesn't sound like the Trice would be the right board. Maybe the Riders Choice.

Arbor Coda but I'm not sure how well the full rocker arbors ride on the East coast. I've hit ice with mine before but I'm on edge until I can get out of there (and if it's the whole mountain I just go home). I've been on the Coda on something right next to ice and it was fine.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
Yeah, the Revolver is a wider version of the Evo, which is basically the "softest" board NS makes. It's mainly a park board, designed for jibbing more than anything.

The Proto CT is a true twin, all mountain freestyle kind of board. It is designed to be playful and snappy, designed more for jumps and being able to hold its own on the whole mountain.

IMO, the Heritage is more of a freeride board, and not as playful or forgiving as the Proto would be. I also believe it is a directional twin, similar to the SL.

Here is a decent run-down of some of the different NS boards:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...tml#post494800
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
The evo is a park board but isn't that soft. It does chatter though.

The flex of the Proto is stiffer, but the same dampness.

Proto/SL sounds right up your alley if you're sticking with Never Summer.

Looking to butter and possibly jib later? Doesn't sound like the Trice would be the right board. Maybe the Riders Choice.

Arbor Coda but I'm not sure how well the full rocker arbors ride on the East coast. I've hit ice with mine before but I'm on edge until I can get out of there (and if it's the whole mountain I just go home). I've been on the Coda on something right next to ice and it was fine.
thanks for the feedback.

does anyone know of any board similar to Proto/SL from other brands? Something so I can expand my list on this type of board.

Also, would you say T.Rice is more of powder board?
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Resident poet
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 3,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
Given you foot size the Billy Goat will be more nimble than the Rice. The Rice is a midwide, this isn't to say it won't work for you just something to consider.
do not get a billy....it would be a waste on the East Coast terrain and the mag is perhaps not aggressive enough for ec ice. If smaller foot size is the issue get a rider's choice
__________________
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
jdang307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
thanks for the feedback.

does anyone know of any board similar to Proto/SL from other brands? Something so I can expand my list on this type of board.

Also, would you say T.Rice is more of powder board?
It's an aggressive all mountain twin. I tried it for one run so I'm not the real person to listen to (and it was bigger than I was used to .. yeah that's what she said).

Arbor Coda
Smokin Superpark (which isn't as soft as the name implies everyone says ... I really would like to try this board one day). It has Magnetraction and smokin's bulletproof construction. I'd look into that one personally.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
PBLRDom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Surprise AZ
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
so far I am looking at

Lib Tech T.Rice (not sure what the difference is with HP)
Burton Custom Flying V
K2 Fastplant

can anyone with experience with these or other boards chime in? i'm looking for a playful all mountain board that's not too stiff, so i can learn butters/presses and be able to transition to jibbin later on in my riding career.

for now i am leaning toward T.Rice
2013 Burton Custom Flying V is AMAZING!
PBLRDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums