Looking for a good all-around board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetDoc View Post
revolver is going to be way softer than a freeride board. Middle of the road I'd go proto, more freeride all mountain I'd go heritage
interesting. Proto CT and Revolver are in the same category according to NS, so what makes them that much different? just the softness?

man it was much easier picking a board in 2003
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
interesting. Proto CT and Revolver are in the same category according to NS, so what makes them that much different? just the softness?

man it was much easier picking a board in 2003
Yeah, the Revolver is a wider version of the Evo, which is basically the "softest" board NS makes. It's mainly a park board, designed for jibbing more than anything.

The Proto CT is a true twin, all mountain freestyle kind of board. It is designed to be playful and snappy, designed more for jumps and being able to hold its own on the whole mountain.

IMO, the Heritage is more of a freeride board, and not as playful or forgiving as the Proto would be. I also believe it is a directional twin, similar to the SL.

Here is a decent run-down of some of the different NS boards:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...tml#post494800
TBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The evo is a park board but isn't that soft. It does chatter though.

The flex of the Proto is stiffer, but the same dampness.

Proto/SL sounds right up your alley if you're sticking with Never Summer.

Looking to butter and possibly jib later? Doesn't sound like the Trice would be the right board. Maybe the Riders Choice.

Arbor Coda but I'm not sure how well the full rocker arbors ride on the East coast. I've hit ice with mine before but I'm on edge until I can get out of there (and if it's the whole mountain I just go home). I've been on the Coda on something right next to ice and it was fine.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
Yeah, the Revolver is a wider version of the Evo, which is basically the "softest" board NS makes. It's mainly a park board, designed for jibbing more than anything.

The Proto CT is a true twin, all mountain freestyle kind of board. It is designed to be playful and snappy, designed more for jumps and being able to hold its own on the whole mountain.

IMO, the Heritage is more of a freeride board, and not as playful or forgiving as the Proto would be. I also believe it is a directional twin, similar to the SL.

Here is a decent run-down of some of the different NS boards:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...tml#post494800
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
The evo is a park board but isn't that soft. It does chatter though.

The flex of the Proto is stiffer, but the same dampness.

Proto/SL sounds right up your alley if you're sticking with Never Summer.

Looking to butter and possibly jib later? Doesn't sound like the Trice would be the right board. Maybe the Riders Choice.

Arbor Coda but I'm not sure how well the full rocker arbors ride on the East coast. I've hit ice with mine before but I'm on edge until I can get out of there (and if it's the whole mountain I just go home). I've been on the Coda on something right next to ice and it was fine.
thanks for the feedback.

does anyone know of any board similar to Proto/SL from other brands? Something so I can expand my list on this type of board.

Also, would you say T.Rice is more of powder board?
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
Given you foot size the Billy Goat will be more nimble than the Rice. The Rice is a midwide, this isn't to say it won't work for you just something to consider.
do not get a billy....it would be a waste on the East Coast terrain and the mag is perhaps not aggressive enough for ec ice. If smaller foot size is the issue get a rider's choice
Old 01-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
thanks for the feedback.

does anyone know of any board similar to Proto/SL from other brands? Something so I can expand my list on this type of board.

Also, would you say T.Rice is more of powder board?
It's an aggressive all mountain twin. I tried it for one run so I'm not the real person to listen to (and it was bigger than I was used to .. yeah that's what she said).

Arbor Coda
Smokin Superpark (which isn't as soft as the name implies everyone says ... I really would like to try this board one day). It has Magnetraction and smokin's bulletproof construction. I'd look into that one personally.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
so far I am looking at

Lib Tech T.Rice (not sure what the difference is with HP)
Burton Custom Flying V
K2 Fastplant

can anyone with experience with these or other boards chime in? i'm looking for a playful all mountain board that's not too stiff, so i can learn butters/presses and be able to transition to jibbin later on in my riding career.

for now i am leaning toward T.Rice
2013 Burton Custom Flying V is AMAZING!
PBLRDom is offline   Reply With Quote