Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Looking for a good all-around board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52848-looking-good-all-around-board.html)

mastershake 12-30-2012 08:13 PM

Looking for a good all-around board

Hey guys,

I started riding 9 years ago, i rode for 4 years and stopped and have started again last year. Unfortunately the gear I am on now feels outdated.

I am 5'9 and I am on a 157 Santa Cruz board with Drake Mikey Leblanc bindings (the very first ones)

I am looking for a good all around board. I don't hit the terrain park yet, so I don't need a strictly jib board, I ride on the east-coast mostly, so not a lot of powder. I am looking for a responsive board that is comfortable carving and doesnt feel like i am trying to drift a lincoln town car (my current board feels too big and heavy for any sort of fun while riding).

Am I looking for freestyle or freeride board? or a mix in between? what are some good all around suggestions.

throw some boards at me and give me a starting point !

thanks.

Robisten8 12-30-2012 08:21 PM

Experts will ask for your boot size, your weight and a budget.

mastershake 12-30-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robisten8 (Post 559057)
Experts will ask for your boot size, your weight and a budget.

Boot Size: 8 1/2 - 9 or 41 Eur
Weight: 150lbs without gear on
Budget: $800 = 600$ board 200$ bindings

mastershake 01-02-2013 12:28 PM

so far I am looking at

Lib Tech T.Rice (not sure what the difference is with HP)
Burton Custom Flying V
K2 Fastplant

can anyone with experience with these or other boards chime in? i'm looking for a playful all mountain board that's not too stiff, so i can learn butters/presses and be able to transition to jibbin later on in my riding career.

for now i am leaning toward T.Rice

bseracka 01-02-2013 01:16 PM

Given you foot size the Billy Goat will be more nimble than the Rice. The Rice is a midwide, this isn't to say it won't work for you just something to consider.

mastershake 01-02-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bseracka (Post 560043)
Given you foot size the Billy Goat will be more nimble than the Rice. The Rice is a midwide, this isn't to say it won't work for you just something to consider.

thank you, this is the kind of input i was looking for !

i am just getting back in the game and im getting overwhelmed with all of the board selection, i just need a good starting point.

TBomb 01-02-2013 01:32 PM

NeverSummer Proto CT 154 with some Flux SF45's :thumbsup:

StreetDoc 01-02-2013 01:40 PM

I'd add a never summer heritage to your list.

mastershake 01-02-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBomb (Post 560052)
NeverSummer Proto CT 154 with some Flux SF45's :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetDoc (Post 560060)
I'd add a never summer heritage to your list.

thanks guys I'm checking out the Never Summer boards now. The Revolver looks nice too.

StreetDoc 01-02-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastershake (Post 560065)
thanks guys I'm checking out the Never Summer boards now. The Revolver looks nice too.

revolver is going to be way softer than a freeride board. Middle of the road I'd go proto, more freeride all mountain I'd go heritage :thumbsup: