First day with new (used) board, a couple of questions - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Damn, can't see much in that pic... I think Wrath is right, if the ratchets are slipping go to a board shop and see what they'll charge to put some new ones on. Hopefully you have a local you can get to easily enough
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
gdamn t9 bindings make the rest look so nice.
Yeah, they're pretty crappy. Would it be a better idea to just give up on these bindings entirely and get new ones?
noni6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafta View Post
Damn, can't see much in that pic... I think Wrath is right, if the ratchets are slipping go to a board shop and see what they'll charge to put some new ones on. Hopefully you have a local you can get to easily enough
Oops, you posted as I was typing. I think I may do that first, I have a decent but kind of pricey local board shop.

EDIT: Ha, never mind, I didn't see that the discussion had grown to 2 pages and I just kept refreshing the first one

Last edited by noni6; 01-01-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

I know this is an old thread, but I've been putting this task off and now I finally have to do it because I'm going away next weekend and will be doing a lot of riding. I called my local board shop (I've never gone there before) and asked if they could put some Burton straps on my bindings and they seemed confused. I described the process to the best of my ability and they said "Drilling holes? That's not something we can do." What kind of a board shop is this? Am I underestimating the difficulty of this task? Anyway, I thought I'd try to do it myself. How would I go about it?
Old 02-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noni6 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I've been putting this task off and now I finally have to do it because I'm going away next weekend and will be doing a lot of riding. I called my local board shop (I've never gone there before) and asked if they could put some Burton straps on my bindings and they seemed confused. I described the process to the best of my ability and they said "Drilling holes? That's not something we can do." What kind of a board shop is this? Am I underestimating the difficulty of this task? Anyway, I thought I'd try to do it myself. How would I go about it?
be selective on the "boardshops" you call i in fact in las vegas (yes the last place youd ever expect to find snowboarders and no we dont shred cactus') but we do have a true boardshop that selectively deals with snow and skate boards.

id recommend refraining from asking help from company's like Zumiez, dicks sporting good, and sport chalet. These places do carry snowboards but most of the people there are just briefly informed on the merchandise and when asked serious questions on the sport sound like complete idiots, dont get me wrong for beginners who have not ridin before, they can deffinately get you some good equipment but for a task like this call around more or as other have suggested you'l save your time and money doing it yourself!
UnseenMartine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnseenMartine View Post
be selective on the "boardshops" you call i in fact in las vegas (yes the last place youd ever expect to find snowboarders and no we dont shred cactus') but we do have a true boardshop that selectively deals with snow and skate boards.

id recommend refraining from asking help from company's like Zumiez, dicks sporting good, and sport chalet. These places do carry snowboards but most of the people there are just briefly informed on the merchandise and when asked serious questions on the sport sound like complete idiots, dont get me wrong for beginners who have not ridin before, they can deffinately get you some good equipment but for a task like this call around more or as other have suggested you'l save your time and money doing it yourself!
I agree with you. The shop I called is a board shop, so I'm surprised. Anyway, seems like I'm going to do it myself. Any instructions you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noni6 View Post
I agree with you. The shop I called is a board shop, so I'm surprised. Anyway, seems like I'm going to do it myself. Any instructions you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Tape all around where you are going to put the hole to help prevent cracking the plastic (masking tape is probably fine). Use a decently sharp drill bit and go slow until it gets dug in. After that it's pretty straight forward.
Treegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treegreen View Post
Tape all around where you are going to put the hole to help prevent cracking the plastic (masking tape is probably fine). Use a decently sharp drill bit and go slow until it gets dug in. After that it's pretty straight forward.
Great, thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #19 (permalink)

I had a problem once when my heel wasn't going all the way into the binding until I took a few heelside turns-- then my toe straps were loose. The binding was just a bad fit for my boot.
sb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb60 View Post
I had a problem once when my heel wasn't going all the way into the binding until I took a few heelside turns-- then my toe straps were loose. The binding was just a bad fit for my boot.
Hmm, that could be it but everything seems to fit nicely when I first strap in; my feet only start wiggling around towards the bottom of the run.

Also, I have one last (really) question. As you can see from the picture of my bindings that I posted earlier in the thread, the end of the straps sit in a channel. How do I remove the straps from their channels? There are no screws or holes or anything on the outside of the channels. I don't think my bindings are that strange; the majority of the other pictures of bindings I've looked at have this same channel.

Here's the same picture from earlier with the channels (except the back right one which isn't visible) circled: