Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Boards out of stock (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/52912-boards-out-stock.html)

ARSENALFAN 01-01-2013 01:18 PM

Boards out of stock

Hey gang. Just got rid of my Attack Banana and I am now ready to get either a NS Cobra or a Jones Flagship. Noticed both tend to be sold out all over. My local NS shop has none in the 158 left. Do the companies specifically make their product rare so as to get pent up demand or is it simply due to Christmas season? Should I expect them to be available soon? And if you want to throw in your choice to help me make a decision (Binary Pie has been a big help) feel free! I already have a Hovercraft.

jliu 01-01-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN (Post 559653)
Hey gang. Just got rid of my Attack Banana and I am now ready to get either a NS Cobra or a Jones Flagship. Noticed both tend to be sold out all over. My local NS shop has none in the 158 left. Do the companies specifically make their product rare so as to get pent up demand or is it simply due to Christmas season? Should I expect them to be available soon? And if you want to throw in your choice to help me make a decision (Binary Pie has been a big help) feel free! I already have a Hovercraft.

I do notice that NS avoids overproduction pretty well as evidenced through the lack of heavy discounts at season end (cause most of the inventory has already been sold) and the fact that they distribute through select channels. Also due to their ever growing popularity they are harder and harder to find as the season ages. So I would say its a combination of both.

As for board choice...i'll leave that up to those with more hands on exp...

seriouscat 01-01-2013 01:42 PM

Can't royal order it for you? If h0sports has it in stock it's here within 2 days. Blank in Edmonton had one in stock, not sure on size when I was there last week. Also try freeride shop in kelowna, they have 20 buck flat ship.

ARSENALFAN 01-01-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seriouscat (Post 559662)
Can't royal order it for you? If h0sports has it in stock it's here within 2 days. Blank in Edmonton had one in stock, not sure on size when I was there last week. Also try freeride shop in kelowna, they have 20 buck flat ship.

They can probably order it. Shop closed today so I cannot inquire.

ARSENALFAN 01-01-2013 04:30 PM

I guess if NS is expanding their plant, they won't run out as fast up here in the Great White North.

tecknojoe 01-01-2013 05:15 PM

Try calling a BC Surf and sport store. I noticed their website said the proto ct I wanted was out of stock, but my local store had plenty. Maybe they'd be willing to ship you that cobra

Nukka 01-02-2013 01:22 AM

Try the boardroomshop. Vancouver based vendor and they have some 158 cobras left on boxing-week sale (for now)

dreampow 01-02-2013 05:48 AM

Of the two I say get the cobra, seems like the flagship is pretty stiff, maybe more than you would need unless you hit AK.

Hope you find one seems very early to sell out.

wrathfuldeity 01-02-2013 06:37 AM

My local shop noted that maunfactures only did pre-ordered inventory this year...meaning what you ordered, they made and no more production...thus once the pre-ordered production inventory was sent out the the shops....it was done. This was apparently due to economy, having a bad industry-wide snow year last year, and not wanting to over-produce thus getting stuck with too much inventory to sell off at the end of the season. This has led to shops generally keeping what they got, not discounting much and not being able to back-order or get other shops to trade or ship a requested item. Therefore having this discussion with my shop gal and noticing this trend all ready occuring last July; I made a list, started buying off-season and early, making a few online orders and some requests...all done by October. My shop gal also was able to source some parts that were sold out but that the rep had sitting under his desk. Idk, perhaps BA knows, but it seems there is also a distribution heirarchy in that local core shops will get specific high end stuff but a limited number, big box places like rei and etc. will get mostly the mid-level stuff, but a very limited high-end items comparative to their distrubtion size and then the discounted and mall shops get the dregs. At this time during the season, high-end and specific stuff is hard to find.

edit...looks like evo might have a flagship and some cobras

oldmate 01-02-2013 07:59 AM

Looks like buysnow still have them too. I ordered from these guys 2 months ago. Excellent service, quick delivery too.

Only problem is I'm in Aus and I have to sit around looking at it for another 4 weeks till I get up north:thumbsdown:

I'd suggest get your order in soon