Upgrading a board advice - womans' gnu? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you mean hot pink flying unicorns are silly?
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Arbor cadence, gnu p-pro, roxy banana smoothie, rossi diva were all boards I was deciding between at the start of the season. I ended up going with the diva because I found I good deal on it, but the b-pro was right up there on my want list.... I was looking for a board with a good grip that could handle east coast ice and I could take at higher speeds. I'm definitely an all mountain kind of rider and wanted something that would progress my riding to a more advanced level. hopefully this helps!
snowducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

don't forget Neversummer
jml22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav0011 View Post
you mean hot pink flying unicorns are silly?

Oh they are - at least the b-pro is simple. Why are all the good boards so .... 'Busy' and icky. My 5150 has an awesome design but its a crappy board lol.
Lanaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

depends on the brand. Signal, Never Summer, Arbor, most k2's, some burtons, some rides are not all that busy (IMO) Flows, lib's, gnus, some bataleons/lobsters and capita tend to be busy or have graphics that can only be understood on acid.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

For the ice coast I'd go with B-Pro. Although, my new "lady" this year is NS Infinity and I'm deliriously happy with it. To the point of silly giggles. It sails through ice chop, crud, bumps, man-made snow, fresh snow, what have you snow, flies off rollers and have a great edgehold on ice. Infinity is a softer board and I chose it so I can take it to the park if I need to, but it seems that NS Lotus could possibly be a good option for you.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cav0011 View Post
depends on the brand. Signal, Never Summer, Arbor, most k2's, some burtons, some rides are not all that busy (IMO) Flows, lib's, gnus, some bataleons/lobsters and capita tend to be busy or have graphics that can only be understood on acid.
You hit the nail! Lol... I guess I will never get them then lol. Still board must be good.

I just got intrigued by this diva... Good price indeed.
Lanaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanaia View Post
You hit the nail! Lol... I guess I will never get them then lol. Still board must be good.

I just got intrigued by this diva... Good price indeed.
The thing about gnu is, most of thier tech is on another brands board that may fit you better. Roxy is owned by the same parent company as gnu (i at least am pretty sure of this) just like gnu lib and quicksilver are all in bed in some way. Rossignol uses magnatraction, smokin snowboards uses it. arbor has a similar edge hold deal, as do rome and burton (although people I have spoken to said burtons doesnt really work but i dont know either way)
Then for board shape and construction most companies offer something similar at this point in the rocker revolution.
I would say to check out as many brands as you can while thinking about what appeals to you about the b-pro. That way you can see if other boards are better to you or worse to you in comparison.
I used to tell girls i knew that asked my advice to get various NS boards. Now I usually point them towards flows due to price difference and a somewhat negligible tech difference.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanaia View Post
Hi,

This is my first post and I'm sorry if my terminology is lacking but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I've picked up a dirt cheap 149cm 5150 amethyst last year since I didn't want to spend on rental and I wasn't sure if I was going to learn/like snowboarding. Well I LOVE IT and it's time for a new board.

Here's what I can/want to do with it:

1. all mountain - eastern side of US so well groomed mostly
2. no park for now
3. I don't think I'm a beginner since I can do any trail and will take a small jump here and there but I will fall on flatter parts ( I dunno if it's my board or me but I'm on a true camber). Not afraid to go faster either.
4. I'm size 9/10 woman, 5'8 and 128 lbs

Budget is up to $500

My friend got the gnu b-pro and she loves it but she's must better then me so I figured I don't need that much of a board? any advice?

Thank you for your time.
I ride a 2013 flow jewel 152 its a park board....great on groomers and carving....fast board...true twin...whiskey royal tech...good flex to continue progressing ....good for intermediate riding-advanced...im 5'9 135lbs i had the 2012 flow jewel and stuck w it.....i have a roxy ally BTX as well...check out those two....

Are you riding powder/backcountry?
Howlingsonnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #20 (permalink)

See if any of ur resorts have demo days and try diff boards....youll have a good first hand feel of diff boards!
Howlingsonnets is offline   Reply With Quote