Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Upgrading a board advice - womans' gnu? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/53016-upgrading-board-advice-womans-gnu.html)

Lanaia 01-03-2013 01:02 PM

Upgrading a board advice - womans' gnu?

Hi,

This is my first post and I'm sorry if my terminology is lacking but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I've picked up a dirt cheap 149cm 5150 amethyst last year since I didn't want to spend on rental and I wasn't sure if I was going to learn/like snowboarding. Well I LOVE IT and it's time for a new board.

Here's what I can/want to do with it:

1. all mountain - eastern side of US so well groomed mostly
2. no park for now
3. I don't think I'm a beginner since I can do any trail and will take a small jump here and there but I will fall on flatter parts ( I dunno if it's my board or me but I'm on a true camber). Not afraid to go faster either.
4. I'm size 9/10 woman, 5'8 and 128 lbs

Budget is up to $500

My friend got the gnu b-pro and she loves it but she's must better then me so I figured I don't need that much of a board? any advice?

Thank you for your time.

Gnardog 01-03-2013 01:09 PM

If you can get the B-Pro, go for it. You will grow into it and as you progress you'll love its features. The GNU Magne-Traction is excellent in all surface conditions (Ice, PP, MM, ect.). The C2 BTX camber is also killer. Buttery, but not wishy washy like some boards with that camber type can be. You'll get some nice extra pop too.
The Rome LO-FI may also be another choice to consider. Take a gander at it and watch a few review vids. Also go take a look at one at a local shop.

Argo 01-03-2013 01:10 PM

Smokin snowboards vixen. My wife loves hers....

Lanaia 01-03-2013 01:41 PM

Thank you for advice - do you think there's a big difference between the velvet and the b-pro?

I'm checking your your suggestions!

Gnardog 01-03-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanaia (Post 560679)
Thank you for advice - do you think there's a big difference between the velvet and the b-pro?

I'm checking your your suggestions!

The Velvet is more park oriented. Softer, more flex a bit lighter. If you're looking for an all mountain cruiser definitely go with the B-Pro. If you want more flex and a more buttery board go with the Velvet.

onel0wcubn 01-03-2013 01:49 PM

I'm sellin My wifes second board from last year. It's an O-Matic Disco. Brand New still in original wrapping.

Omatic Disco Womens Snowboard 150cm | eBay

I have it on the forum here too..

cav0011 01-03-2013 02:01 PM

Flow Jewel, GNU B-Pro, Arbor Swoon. Having siad that my wife rides a Nug and loves it at the same wieght as you, not sure about your build but my wife is fairly well muscled in the loves that board.

onel0wcubn 01-03-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cav0011 (Post 560690)
Flow Jewel, GNU B-Pro, Arbor Swoon. Having siad that my wife rides a Nug and loves it at the same wieght as you, not sure about your build but my wife is fairly well muscled in the loves that board.

My sister has the Flow Jewel and hasn't had any complaints.

Lanaia 01-03-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnardog (Post 560683)
The Velvet is more park oriented. Softer, more flex a bit lighter. If you're looking for an all mountain cruiser definitely go with the B-Pro. If you want more flex and a more buttery board go with the Velvet.

Thank you - very helpful!

Lanaia 01-03-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cav0011 (Post 560690)

I like the arbor swoon! Will research it some more... maybe it's silly because it shouldn't matter but some of those boards have some really 'happy' graphics LOL