maintenance on new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default maintenance on new board

so i got a rossignol one magtek with burton cartel reflex bindings. I've accumulated a few questions in the past few days. First off, on my base side, there is a couple inches of the metal edge not perfectly flush with the rest of the base (there is a gap between the metal and the ptex). to me this seems like a huge flaw in the production of the board..i've ridden on it twice already but is there some warranty from rossignol that will cover this? If theres nothing rossignol will do about it then should i just try and melt ptex into the gap?

another question i have is what tool should i buy to sharpen and tune the edges? the board has magnetraction so there are a few small curves on the side edges. also, correct me if im wrong but the edges should be at 0 and 0, forming a 90 degree angle, right?
The place where i've been snowboarding lately has crappy snow and i end up having a lot of small scratches and nicks after im done riding. the edges of course take some damage and i would like to fix that. If i tune my edges after every ride will the metal edge soon be too small?
seeing as i spent 700 dollars on this board, i would like to keep it in the best shape possible. will waxing after every ride keep the base in better shape or is that overkill? Also what is the best/cheapest bulk wax i could buy? i dont live close to any snowboard or ski shops so i'd like to buy it on the internet.
thanks for the help beforehand.

Last edited by blockay; 01-04-2013 at 11:17 AM.
blockay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

bumppppppp
Old 01-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned!

1. need pictures to identify defect or normal build on rail that you are talking about.

2. NS comes 0/0 from the factory but some others come 1/1 or 1/0 or 0/1 (not sure about the last 2 actually)

3. you can just smoothe out the edges with a gummy stone or a soft sanding block, my edges are like sawteeth from grinding on everything, should probably smoothe em down

4. Bluebird sells their wax in bulk as cheaply as anyone, and shipping this stuff is always the sort of $5 difference between choices....

5. nobody answered you because your post is a pain in the ass to read with no spaces or paragraphing, random caps and generally TLDR

6. we already have a blunted_nose, don't need 2.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

SaY wHaT?

Its obviously your fault.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Why exactly did you spend $700 on a $450 board? Unless you're racing you only need to do you edges once a year if that, especially with the magne-traction. Just pick up any of the small side edge tools and a deburring stone for cleanup between sharpenings.
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
Why exactly did you spend $700 on a $450 board? Unless you're racing you only need to do you edges once a year if that, especially with the magne-traction. Just pick up any of the small side edge tools and a deburring stone for cleanup between sharpenings.
because bindings and tax AND the board = 700 WOAH addition is mesmerizing. ok, so gummy stone..

the gap between the ptex and the edge isn't terrible its like 2mm, i filled it with ptex and wax and shredded yesterday
Old 01-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
1. need pictures to identify defect or normal build on rail that you are talking about.

2. NS comes 0/0 from the factory but some others come 1/1 or 1/0 or 0/1 (not sure about the last 2 actually)

3. you can just smoothe out the edges with a gummy stone or a soft sanding block, my edges are like sawteeth from grinding on everything, should probably smoothe em down

4. Bluebird sells their wax in bulk as cheaply as anyone, and shipping this stuff is always the sort of $5 difference between choices....

5. nobody answered you because your post is a pain in the ass to read with no spaces or paragraphing, random caps and generally TLDR

6. we already have a blunted_nose, don't need 2.
and as for spaces and paragraphing, i think i used plenty spaces...maybe a 'list' would have been better in this case. and random caps? i started some sentences with a capital letter, not like i was PuTtin ranDom caPs in my SenTEnces
i've been doing more important things in life lately

Last edited by blockay; 01-06-2013 at 02:32 PM.