Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   K2 Raygun 2012 Sizing help. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/53056-k2-raygun-2012-sizing-help.html)

mnat99 01-04-2013 12:51 PM

K2 Raygun 2012 Sizing help.
 
Hi, I'm thinking about buying a 2012 K2 Raygun. I am about 5 foot 6 and weigh 130. I am an intermediate level rider and ride all mountain, and am at the park about of a third of the time as i am riding down the mountain. I'm thinking about a 153, but would really appreciate other suggestions. Also I don't want to get one too small because i want to be able to grow into it and use it for at least 2 years.

jdang307 01-04-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnat99 (Post 561220)
Hi, I'm thinking about buying a 2012 K2 Raygun. I am about 5 foot 6 and weigh 130. I am an intermediate level rider and ride all mountain, and am at the park about of a third of the time as i am riding down the mountain. I'm thinking about a 153, but would really appreciate other suggestions. Also I don't want to get one too small because i want to be able to grow into it and use it for at least 2 years.

150-153. 153 more stable, 150 more nimble.

If you are still growing (weight wise) than go for the 153

mnat99 01-04-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdang307 (Post 561223)
150-153. 153 more stable, 150 more nimble.

If you are still growing (weight wise) than go for the 153


THanks, if im still growing in hieght too would a 155 be better? Also would a size 10 boot have too much overhang on a regular width board?

jdang307 01-04-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnat99 (Post 561229)
THanks, if im still growing in hieght too would a 155 be better? Also would a size 10 boot have too much overhang on a regular width board?

Don't focus on height unless you grow to be a giraffe or shrink to be a midget.

Weight is the most important factor when choosing snowboard sizes.

I'm 145 and ride a 150 for goofing off and 153 on my all mountain stuff. If this is a versatile board for you I'd stick with 153. Don't buy something that you MIGHT grow into 2 years from now. Buy for now.

mnat99 01-04-2013 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=jdang307;561239]Don't focus on height unless you grow to be a giraffe or shrink to be a midget.

Weight is the most important factor when choosing snowboard sizes.

I'm 145 and ride a 150 for goofing off and 153 on my all mountain stuff. If this is a versatile board for you I'd stick with 153. Don't buy something that you MIGHT grow into 2 years from now. Buy for now.[/QOUTE]

Thank you so much!

wartime2 01-04-2013 02:21 PM

Go for 153!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2