First Board- Sizing Advice (Looking at 159cm) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default First Board- Sizing Advice (Looking at 159cm)

So.. with a couple of trips booked, and rental prices in some places looking at around 100 for rental of a board im thinking its time to invest in my first board..

After spending hours researching, ive narrowed it down and decided to go for the 2012 Ride Agenda (unless someone here advises me otherwise)

However, the biggest size i can get my hands on is 159cm..

Now when renting ive always been on a 160/161.. Im 6ft 1in, 71kg and boot size 8..

Is this board going to be too small for me? im looking for something that is easy on the piste, makes turning and grooming easier, with the potential to progress once ive ironed out the kinks in my boarding..

If anyone has any other board suggestions feel free to comment

thoughts?
b4rn5ey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

2 centimeters isn't going to make a big difference. a smaller board will be easier to maneuver, while a longer board will be more stable at higher speeds. a lot of snowboarders have different sized boards for different types of riding, you're not going to want to take a long board to the park. Just be sure that you're foot will fit on the board. a good website to help pick out boards is Snowboard Reviews | The Good RideThe Good Ride you can narrow down the boards by selecting different options.
blockay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4rn5ey View Post
Now when renting ive always been on a 160/161.. Im 6ft 1in, 71kg and boot size 8..
Oh god, the places you've been renting from have been sizing you based on your height instead of your weight. A 160+ is actually too big for you at a beginner level.

Based on your weight and ability, something in a 155-159 would be ideal. So that 159 should work, but if they offer the model in a 156-157 it might be just a touch easier to learn on...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Oh god, the places you've been renting from have been sizing you based on your height instead of your weight. A 160+ is actually too big for you at a beginner level.

Based on your weight and ability, something in a 155-159 would be ideal. So that 159 should work, but if they offer the model in a 156-157 it might be just a touch easier to learn on...
yeah i have always said that, but ofcourse, "they know best".. ive always loved boarding.."hated" the board.. thanks for the advice..actually have a lesson booked at chill factore to ensure im not too rusty, will ensure they slap me on a 159 just to be certain
b4rn5ey is offline   Reply With Quote