170 lb 5'11 male 11.5 size feet - Need help finding a board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
SeattleSol- I have a new 155 DOA Camrock profile board that I picked up from Wired Sports' stoker earlier this year. I have enough decks and hate that I haven't been able to ride this yet. If you're in Seattle, I'd be happy to pass this on to you if you post up your experience with it. I figure this will make up for Chomps keeping the board designated for getting someone new into the sport
bseracks, thanks so much for the offer. I'll shoot you a PM and maybe we can work something out. I appreciate beyond words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Got it. These are some pretty broad ranges and might make a big difference to your upcoming fun.

We try to steer people away from considering waist width (because nothing happens at the waist). Even so, it is rare for the width at the inserts (that is the width that counts because that is where your feet go) to be much greater than 1 cm larger than the width at the waist. So if you wer to choose a deck with a 24 cm waist (about 25 cm at the inserts) and your foot is indded a size 12 (which is 30 cm barefoot) you have 5 \cm of barefoot overhang. I know that your big complaint in your original post was toe drag, so you will want to get this part correct.

bseracka is offering you a free deck which is crazy cool of him. Hard not to take him up on that.

Let's make sure that it will be a good fit.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Thanks for the response WiredSports!

So I measured my foot and came up with 26.8 cm. Where do I go from here?

Last edited by SeattleSol; 01-07-2013 at 07:49 PM.
SeattleSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSol View Post
bseracks, thanks so much for the offer. I'll shoot Thanks for the response WiredSports!

So I measured my foot and came up with 26.8 cm. Where do I go from here?
Hi Seattle,

26.8 is technically a bit smaller than a size 9. I was concerned that your foot might be too wide for the DOA that was offered up but that will actually be a great fit. I would suggest that you grab that deck and have yourself a great season on the slopes!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Seattle,

26.8 is technically a bit smaller than a size 9. I was concerned that your foot might be too wide for the DOA that was offered up but that will actually be a great fit. I would suggest that you grab that deck and have yourself a great season on the slopes!
Very weird. I was sitting down thinking why I've always fit a size 11 or 12 shoes, but then I realized why; my dad has always told me to buy shoes bigger than my foot so that I have some wiggle room to grow in to before buying my next pair. My guess is that I'm actually a size 10 to 11.

Anyways, thanks for the help Wiredsport! I really appreciate the guidance you've given me. I can't wait to get back on the slopes! I used to live in Portland and make occasional trips, so maybe when my family comes down sometime I'll visit the shop!
SeattleSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sounds good. Yes, stop i and say hi anytime.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote