170 lb 5'11 male 11.5 size feet - Need help finding a board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
SeattleSol- I have a new 155 DOA Camrock profile board that I picked up from Wired Sports' stoker earlier this year. I have enough decks and hate that I haven't been able to ride this yet. If you're in Seattle, I'd be happy to pass this on to you if you post up your experience with it. I figure this will make up for Chomps keeping the board designated for getting someone new into the sport
bseracks, thanks so much for the offer. I'll shoot you a PM and maybe we can work something out. I appreciate beyond words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Got it. These are some pretty broad ranges and might make a big difference to your upcoming fun.

We try to steer people away from considering waist width (because nothing happens at the waist). Even so, it is rare for the width at the inserts (that is the width that counts because that is where your feet go) to be much greater than 1 cm larger than the width at the waist. So if you wer to choose a deck with a 24 cm waist (about 25 cm at the inserts) and your foot is indded a size 12 (which is 30 cm barefoot) you have 5 \cm of barefoot overhang. I know that your big complaint in your original post was toe drag, so you will want to get this part correct.

bseracka is offering you a free deck which is crazy cool of him. Hard not to take him up on that.

Let's make sure that it will be a good fit.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).
Thanks for the response WiredSports!

So I measured my foot and came up with 26.8 cm. Where do I go from here?

Last edited by SeattleSol; 01-07-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSol View Post
bseracks, thanks so much for the offer. I'll shoot Thanks for the response WiredSports!

So I measured my foot and came up with 26.8 cm. Where do I go from here?
Hi Seattle,

26.8 is technically a bit smaller than a size 9. I was concerned that your foot might be too wide for the DOA that was offered up but that will actually be a great fit. I would suggest that you grab that deck and have yourself a great season on the slopes!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Hi Seattle,

26.8 is technically a bit smaller than a size 9. I was concerned that your foot might be too wide for the DOA that was offered up but that will actually be a great fit. I would suggest that you grab that deck and have yourself a great season on the slopes!
Very weird. I was sitting down thinking why I've always fit a size 11 or 12 shoes, but then I realized why; my dad has always told me to buy shoes bigger than my foot so that I have some wiggle room to grow in to before buying my next pair. My guess is that I'm actually a size 10 to 11.

Anyways, thanks for the help Wiredsport! I really appreciate the guidance you've given me. I can't wait to get back on the slopes! I used to live in Portland and make occasional trips, so maybe when my family comes down sometime I'll visit the shop!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 08:39 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode