Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   boa vs laces vs burtons quick lace (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/53119-boa-vs-laces-vs-burtons-quick.html)

gmore10 01-05-2013 11:17 PM

boa vs laces vs burtons quick lace

for a while i was convinced boa was the only way to go. but earlier this year i tried on some burton imperials and was impressed with the quick lace. what are your guys thoughts i know alotta people still rock traditional laces too.

Backcountry 01-05-2013 11:21 PM

I have traditional laces :(

gmore10 01-05-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backcountry (Post 561812)
I have traditional laces :(

i feel that i had to convince myself to spend 300 on boa but in the long i think boots are something not to go cheap on.

MikeCL 01-05-2013 11:26 PM

The quick lace with the turn dial? I was messing around in the store but it seems like one bump of your shoe you have to adjust again?

gmore10 01-05-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeCL (Post 561814)
The quick lace with the turn dial? I was messing around in the store but it seems like one bump of your shoe you have to adjust again?

turn dial is boa and i never really had a problem with the boas, the quick lace i was referring to was Burton has a boot where you just pull a string up and they tighten like your innerliner

MikeCL 01-05-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmore10 (Post 561815)
turn dial is boa and i never really had a problem with the boas, the quick lace i was referring to was Burton has a boot where you just pull a string up and they tighten like your innerliner

Oh.. then what does Burton call the system on the jet?

jojotherider 01-05-2013 11:40 PM

Burton has some boots that have a dial now too. Similar to BOA, but these will let you loosen as well with out having to completely release the tension like on a BOA. check out: Tyro Snowboard Boot | Burton Snowboards

I like quick lacing systems like boa/burton's new or old system as long as they are zonal. I like to leave the midfoot fairly loose and the upper portion tighter.

gmore10 01-05-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeCL (Post 561817)
Oh.. then what does Burton call the system on the jet?

thats the boa system here quick lace Burton Imperial Snowboard Boot - Men's from Dogfunk.com

MikeCL 01-05-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojotherider (Post 561818)
Burton has some boots that have a dial now too. Similar to BOA, but these will let you loosen as well with out having to completely release the tension like on a BOA. check out: Tyro Snowboard Boot | Burton Snowboards

I like quick lacing systems like boa/burton's new or old system as long as they are zonal. I like to leave the midfoot fairly loose and the upper portion tighter.

yeah the guy above me was calling it the boa system but it clearly is not (messed with it in store) I haven't seen many reviews of it so I guess it's not that great.

Carry on!

jml22 01-05-2013 11:57 PM

Only problem i have with boas is it takes a little bi to get the boots dialed in perfectly. If i do it too tight it hurts so much and only way to fix it is to completely loosen it up and redo it mind you it takes 10 seconds but a quarter turn too tight hurts like a mother