Lib Tech Hot Knife Info?? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernste03 View Post
You have convinced me to buy one also from your last thread
That's awesome. Happy for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc350z View Post
I ordered one from dogfunk to give it a go.

I am hoping my Rome 390 boss bindings will match with em...I kinda wanted to try something a little more stiff, but dont feel like dropping another 250.
Same to you buddy i really hope you like. I paired my with Union SL's. I had them on my Rice boards so just switched them over. Very responsive.

Keep me / thread posted when you ride it. Want to know if you feel the same I do about it.

Last edited by nethngbtstk; 01-07-2013 at 05:38 PM.
nethngbtstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

As the name suggests, hot knife, is a blade. Ready to tear up the mountain at extreme heats. But wouldn't that melt the snow, causing you to fall trough a hole. Eying the board, id say it sits at at least 300000000C? Once it gets going the heat rises trough the roof. Am i wrong.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethngbtstk View Post
The board carves significantly better. It does not wash out and handles the chop very well. Before I bought the board I demo'ed it. After my second run I clearly felt the difference. it is much more stable carving and feels very solid.
Does it handle the chop a lot better than your T. Rice? I've got the T. Rice 161.5 and it leaves a little to be desired in the chop.

I saw a hot knife for the first time today. The catalog pics don't do it justice. The yellow is a neon shade and the art's really cool.
sidewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #14 (permalink)

I have a Hot Knife too. I came from a Custom X to Hot Knife. The HK does turn easier. Seems like it always "wants" to turn, which I like. I have the 159 model. I am still trying to get used to the magne traction, but I am liking it.

Only issue I have had with it is going slow when I hit flat spots. But I think it was because I lost all the wax on it. I had a nice waxing put on it and it runs better now. I think as long as you keep it waxed, it should be good.

there was a whole great debate on thread I posted. Look for "faster bases on boards".

But since I have been getting more used to the board, it is rare I run out of speed on the flat spots. I will admit the Custom X is faster, but the Hot knife is more fun.

I am using Ride Capo bindings with it and its a pretty good setup.
CK93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernste03 View Post
Since you live in NOVA we should do a board trade for a day.. u can ride my 2013 T.rice Pro HorsePower and I can ride the 2013 Hot Knife.. i would love to demo it before i buy one
You guys talking Northern VA? I live in Arlington. About to take my new 156 Hot Knife out for a spin soon either tomorrow at Whitetail/Liberty or next weekend at Seven Springs.
BKitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewall View Post
Does it handle the chop a lot better than your T. Rice? I've got the T. Rice 161.5 and it leaves a little to be desired in the chop.

I saw a hot knife for the first time today. The catalog pics don't do it justice. The yellow is a neon shade and the art's really cool.
Put a pair of the Now IPOs on your TRice... I did and it made that board 10x better, especially in the chop. I went from really liking that board to absolutely loving it because of those bindings. They add tons of dampness to the ride. I'm interested in the C3 profile as well, i was hoping for a 2014 C3 TRice model, but It doesn't seem in the cards from what I've heard so far.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKitt View Post
You guys talking Northern VA? I live in Arlington. About to take my new 156 Hot Knife out for a spin soon either tomorrow at Whitetail/Liberty or next weekend at Seven Springs.
yea man, lets meet up at one of those resorts so we can do a board trade for a few runs haha. Im dying to try to the hot knife.
jbernste03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
MJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
Put a pair of the Now IPOs on your TRice... I did and it made that board 10x better, especially in the chop. I went from really liking that board to absolutely loving it because of those bindings. They add tons of dampness to the ride. I'm interested in the C3 profile as well, i was hoping for a 2014 C3 TRice model, but It doesn't seem in the cards from what I've heard so far.
Did that this past weekend! IPO's on the Rice just dampen any chop you're drudging through. Loved it.....
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
I've actually thought about doing this. I like the board but it falls short when I hit bumped out, choppy snow. I want to keep it for a while (It's the Art of Flight edition) so maybe this is the ticket.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Now IPO's have been ordered, looking forward to seeing how it changes the ride.