Lib Tech Hot Knife Info?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lib Tech Hot Knife Info??

Hey All -

Does anyone know much about Lib Tech's Hot Knife? Ive read one or two small reviews here and there, but I cant really find anything else about it besides Lib's website that doesnt really provide all that much info. Dont really have the opportunity to demo it either.

Does anyone have the board? Links to some good reviews? Videos?

It is an intriguing board and im kind of interested in picking one up.

Thanks!
jkc350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lib Tech Hot Knife Snowboard Review | The Good RideThe Good Ride
Chef Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Two very respectable and knowledgable guys at my local shop (not 17 yr. old park rats) demoed it and LOVED it. And they're both die-hard Bataleon guys, so that's not coming from Mervin fanboys. Other than that, idk. My only review is that I held it in the shop and immediately knew it's something I'd want to own haha. What'd you wanna know specifically about it? Like what style of riding are you geared towards?
StimulisRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StimulisRK View Post
Two very respectable and knowledgable guys at my local shop (not 17 yr. old park rats) demoed it and LOVED it. And they're both die-hard Bataleon guys, so that's not coming from Mervin fanboys. Other than that, idk. My only review is that I held it in the shop and immediately knew it's something I'd want to own haha. What'd you wanna know specifically about it? Like what style of riding are you geared towards?
I'm more of an all mountain rider. Natural features, trees,...no park, but also do not want something super stiff.

I have been riding reverse camber boards, and lately never summers hybrids. I havent really ridden a cambered board before, but the Hot Knife intrigues me. I want something different the the Evo I have right now. I was something that can hold a serious edge and carve without feeling like its gonna wash out, but also something that is playful enough where I can take it into the trees, etc.

It just seems like it would be right up my alley. But there is so little info out about them.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have this board and I seriously love it.

My previous boards before getting the HK were both T-Rice boards. 1 in a 153, the other in 157. Both the HP models. im 5'7 165lbs and like to ride aggressive all mountain. I don’t live in the park but am no stranger to a nice kicker to lay down method or just good clean air. I love the Rice boards for all around snowboarding but where the HK excels is in speed and carving. The board carves significantly better. It does not wash out and handles the chop very well. Before I bought the board I demo'ed it. After my second run I clearly felt the difference. it is much more stable carving and feels very solid.

I’ve ridden in trees and deep pow with it. It wasn’t even a question or concern. The board did exactly what any good board should do in that environment. With a little speed it floats great and in 156 (the size I got) it was totaly moveable in the trees.

My honest opinion is for a board of the new design it is probably the best board I have ever ridden. I have 11 boards in my collection and can’t see ridding any of them over the HK expect for POW board or race specific board and even then I would miss riding it.

Hope that helps

Last edited by nethngbtstk; 01-07-2013 at 09:38 AM.
nethngbtstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

awesome! Thanks!

Yah, my main concern was turn initiation in tight spaces, likes trees. This will be my first time on a more cambered inspired board. I have always ridden reverse camber and hybrids.

Thanks for the insight!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

No problem
nethngbtstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nethngbtstk View Post
I have this board and I seriously love it.

My previous boards before getting the HK were both T-Rice boards. 1 in a 153, the other in 157. Both the HP models. im 5'7 165lbs and like to ride aggressive all mountain. I donít live in the park but am no stranger to a nice kicker to lay down method or just good clean air. I love the Rice boards for all around snowboarding but where the HK excels is in speed and carving. The board carves significantly better. It does not wash out and handles the chop very well. Before I bought the board I demo'ed it. After my second run I clearly felt the difference. it is much more stable carving and feels very solid.

Iíve ridden in trees and deep pow with it. It wasnít even a question or concern. The board did exactly what any good board should do in that environment. With a little speed it floats great and in 156 (the size I got) it was totaly moveable in the trees.

My honest opinion is for a board of the new design it is probably the best board I have ever ridden. I have 11 boards in my collection and canít see ridding any of them over the HK expect for POW board or race specific board and even then I would miss riding it.

Hope that helps
You have convinced me to buy one also from your last thread
jbernste03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

I ordered one from dogfunk to give it a go.

I am hoping my Rome 390 boss bindings will match with em...I kinda wanted to try something a little more stiff, but dont feel like dropping another 250.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc350z View Post
I ordered one from dogfunk to give it a go.

I am hoping my Rome 390 boss bindings will match with em...I kinda wanted to try something a little more stiff, but dont feel like dropping another 250.
Since you live in NOVA we should do a board trade for a day.. u can ride my 2013 T.rice Pro HorsePower and I can ride the 2013 Hot Knife.. i would love to demo it before i buy one
jbernste03 is offline   Reply With Quote