Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Capita black snowboard of death question (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/53159-capita-black-snowboard-death-question.html)

rjattack19 01-07-2013 01:19 AM

Capita black snowboard of death question

so im torn between the capita bsod or the jones mountain twin wide. heres the question. i need a wide board to support my size 13 boots. the BSOD dosnt come in a wide buuuuut the waist width is 25.90 and the jones wide is 26.0....that being said do you think i would experience toe drag on the capita board?

cav0011 01-07-2013 06:53 AM

you will probably be ok. it really depends on the shell size of your boot.

davidj 01-07-2013 07:07 AM

You should be good, especially if you have a boot with a reduced footprint design, like some Burtons and Salomons.

buggravy 01-07-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjattack19 (Post 562254)
so im torn between the capita bsod or the jones mountain twin wide. heres the question. i need a wide board to support my size 13 boots. the BSOD dosnt come in a wide buuuuut the waist width is 25.90 and the jones wide is 26.0....that being said do you think i would experience toe drag on the capita board?

Heads up that the WW on the BSOD is sort of deceptive because it's measured right where the Death Grip contact point is.

rjattack19 01-07-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggravy (Post 562307)
Heads up that the WW on the BSOD is sort of deceptive because it's measured right where the Death Grip contact point is.

Ah good point i hadnt even considered that! ive got a pair of northwave boots at the moment which i feel have a realatively small footprint so i guess ill just have to try it out and hope for the best. sure hope it works because ive been eyeing the BSOD for 4-5 seasons now! haha

Triple8Sol 01-08-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjattack19 (Post 562254)

Are those the right numbers? I don't see how 0.1cm aka 1mm of difference in waist width would make any difference whatsoever.

rjattack19 01-08-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol (Post 563113)
Are those the right numbers? I don't see how 0.1cm aka 1mm of difference in waist width would make any difference whatsoever.

i mean those are the numbers i got from the capita site and the jones site. thats why im confused and wondering why the bsod isnt a wide

david_z 01-08-2013 03:10 PM

does the waist spec on the BSOD include the "death grip" contact point? I don't know how large exactly is the death grip contact point but I figure it could account for half a centimeter or so, meaning the true waist width of the board could be more like 255 or 254mm. If this is the case then it's not a "wide" because the entire running length of the board isn't spec'd as a wide, it's just this little bump in the waist.

deeppowder 01-08-2013 09:37 PM

why dont you contact them and ask for a measurement, then compare that to the measurement of your boots. Takes out the gamble and guesswork

super-rad 01-08-2013 10:14 PM

IIRC they are measuring that with the death grip, inflating the width. Which is a bummer, because if the made the Totally FK'n Awesome in wide I'd be all over that.