Burton Vapor - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Vapor

In my opinion I'm quite advanced snowboarder and I'd like to buy a new board. I saw Burton Vapor in very good price and I want to know if it will be good for me? As I said, I am quite advanced, I'm 188 cm and about 76 kg. The board's lenght is 159 cm. I don't get use to jump I prefer snowboarding on ski runs but I also like freeriding. So do you think this board will be ok for me?
jojo_krolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

It will definitely be ok but you don't give much info, it's definitely not worth it if you only get to ride a couple of weeks of the year like me.
To me the vapor just seems like a rip off to be honest, there are plenty of great boards out there that aren't 1200 bucks.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes, but I wrote that I had found a shop where I can buy Burton boards, which where tested by this company. This board is in pretty good condition and it coasts nearly 430 bucks

Last edited by jojo_krolik; 01-07-2013 at 02:21 PM.
jojo_krolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

I haven't been on one, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Depending on the year the vapor is, it either has the current lightweight wood core, or the alumafly core from a couple years ago. If it's the aluminium it's got plenty of pop for a carving/freeride board.

It's also a camber shape which again lends itself well to carving and more extreme off-piste riding.

If I could get one for $430 or so in nearly new shape I probably would...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

I spent a day on last year's model (not sure which core it has) and it was insanely light. But other than that i wasn't too impressed.
To be fair though, I'm not a huge fan of camber.
Buying a full price vapor is basically the same as making a donation to Burton's R&D. Not worth it.
But for $430, why not?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Lots of Vapor haters will come out and complain about this board, but mostly because it's overpriced, not that there's anything wrong with it.

I currently ride a 2011 Vapor and had a 2009 version before it. If you will be riding mainly in deep soft snow or true powder then you should look elsewhere, more of a rocker shape will be better, ideally tapered.

If you don't get to ride such perfect snow, eg if you're riding groomed trails on the resort or off piste in less than ideal conditions, ie crunchy stuff that needs to be powered through then the Vapor is an excellent choice, I really like mine. It's a very responsive board. It does require disciplined technique to ride it, you can catch an edge much easier than on a rockered board, but its very fast edge to edge, carves really well, and jumps great, doesn't wash out on landings.

The one complaint is the price and if you've got a deal on one then that is not an issue.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote