defect warranty clarification - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default defect warranty clarification

I bought a snowboard from rossignol.com, when i recieved the board, it had a defect, on the base of the board there was a 1-2mm gap inbetween the metal edge and where the edge is suppose to fit flush against. its almost as if the base does not extend fully to the metal edge. If i used the board could i still send it in and get a new board with the warranty?
blockay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rossignol has a standard 1 year warranty so if there's a manufacture's defect you should be able to send it back for a repair
10sullivanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Noticed quite a few new Rossi board quality problems here last 2 weeks.
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

awesome, i'm gonna be honest i'm still happy with the board, but it was pretty expensive so im glad i'll be able to get a replacement

And when you say repair, does this mean they will fix the board or will they replace it?

Last edited by blockay; 01-08-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

I did this with a 2011/2012 Burton board I bought last year and they tried to repair it but they couldn't so they sent me out a new 2013 board. I didn't wait till the end of the season tho haha I sent it back as soon as I noticed. I think the one year warranties are pretty standard throughout the companies.
10sullivanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockay View Post
awesome, i'm gonna be honest i'm not unsatisfied or anything, but this definitely gives me a good opportunity to freshen up my board at the end of the season

And when you say repair, does this mean they will fix the board or will they replace it?
It is up to the manufacturer

I warrantied a board and some bindings a while back...they sent out a new board...exact same model and year...but it was way softer flex and the bindings were great but the replacemt bindings...top of the line were also more flexy than the old ones....that I wanted fixed...replace a broken metal heel cup...but they refused and sent the new bindings
Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sullivanb View Post
I did this with a 2011/2012 Burton board I bought last year and they tried to repair it but they couldn't so they sent me out a new 2013 board. I didn't wait till the end of the season tho haha I sent it back as soon as I noticed. I think the one year warranties are pretty standard throughout the companies.
oh haha alright, i was just wondering if it would be a brand new board because i do already have a nick in the top of the nose =[ i plan on sending it back ASAP so i can have it fresh for TELLURIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
It is up to the manufacturer

I warrantied a board and some bindings a while back...they sent out a new board...exact same model and year...but it was way softer flex and the bindings were great but the replacemt bindings...top of the line were also more flexy than the old ones....that I wanted fixed...replace a broken metal heel cup...but they refused and sent the new bindings
that's weird, they must have been different models if they were softer? Anywho i was wondering about how long it takes for them to email you back?
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

For something like that don't bother with e-mail. Call them ASAP. The last board I had warrantied (different manufacturer) I took it in to the shop I bought it from, they told me to use it for the rest of the season and bring it in in the spring, when they would send it back.

I brought it in in May, sometime in mid June a brand new deck arrived for me of the next model year!

Just talk to them directly and they'll tell you what to do. Follow up phone calls with e-mails if you want a paper trail, but start the process with a live person first.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

awesome!! glad someone has done this before, thanks1
just about to start waitin on the line haha

Last edited by blockay; 01-08-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockay View Post
awesome!! glad someone has done this before, thanks1
just about to start waitin on the line haha
Yeah that website seems fucked... After searching around it looks like their warranty number is 435-252-3300

What sucks is you'll have to pay shipping to send it back to them. Is there a Rossignol dealer near you anywhere? It said on their warranty FAQ to take it to the dealer your bought it from OR another authorized Rossignol dealer.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote