would 3cm make a difference! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 11:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Yeah, ME! lol No I'm more like 175 and only 5'7" but I've been on a 159 all over the place. The new board is a 160. Sounds like the 159 should be just about right for you. What are you looking at anyway?!?
haha... yeah, we are about the same specs! But I think for what I want to do with, it'll be fine at 159! Besides, it's not like my only board! I'm still keeping the T.Rice & the Kessler (no doubt). So I won;t be short on long(er) boards if need be.

It's a Nitro Factory board BTW! Light and playful but can handle all mountain speed as well.

I'll keep you posted if/once I get my hands on one.

Cheers...
dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicsmoke View Post
I ride 2 159s, K2 Playback Wide and a Flow Infinite Wide with the hybrid camber..

I have a 157 Garage Rocker and a 155 WWW for park-ish days too.

Where do you ride Dice? I live an hour away and have a seasons pass @ St. Sauveur and ride Orford a few times a year.
Nice!!! I ride Tremblant & Bromont! I have season pass at Tremblant & after 3 pm pass at Bromont for night riding. If you're going to either one on any weekend, let me know.

Maybe I should mount the WWW and give it another spin! I only took it out 3-4 times on ice/hard pack conditions, so it wasn't max fun!

But let me know if ever you're going to either mountain.

Cheers...
Old 01-09-2013, 03:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice View Post
I ride all kinds of boards. Have a 156 that I use the least, not cause of size, just not the best of the boards to spend a day on. But when I rode it I enjoy it the most (lots of fun to throw around and not care lol). I also have a 164.5 and a 168! I ride these two more.

I'm 6'2 205 lbs (now), but average 185-190 lbs by april, boots size 11.5.

Looking for a particular board that's only available in 159 now (162 sold out). waist is 257 which fits perfect. 162 waist width was 264 which is a little over what I like and can be slower edge to edge.

This is an all mountain (60:40 park). So my question... would the 3 cm (1.5 cm each side) really make that big a difference and where would I feel it most? I'll be using it mostly for tricks, spins, jumps etc. But i also LOVE to run & charge fast when I get a window.

Thnx for sharing your thoughts in advance.

Cheers...
i'm pretty much exactly your size and i ride a 158 YES great boobs. i have a 159 ride berzerker as my rock board and started out on a 163 burton floater.

i definitely find the 158 to be a good fit for my size, although i feel like i need a longer board for pow days. bearing in mind i live in NZ, decent pow days are few and far between!
Thrillhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
i'm pretty much exactly your size and i ride a 158 YES great boobs. i have a 159 ride berzerker as my rock board and started out on a 163 burton floater.

i definitely find the 158 to be a good fit for my size, although i feel like i need a longer board for pow days. bearing in mind i live in NZ, decent pow days are few and far between!
Thnx! Good to know. I've always used longer boards! Maybe it's time I transition into shorter boards a little to mix it up!

Cheers...
Old 01-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

Just my 2 cents... I am 6'1 160 and I used to ride a 160cm, I have recently switched to a 158cm and I love it. I feel like I have much more control of the board and can carve with less effort.
nstp0316 is offline   Reply With Quote