Banana Magic vs Skate Banana sizing? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
MJP

Default Banana Magic vs Skate Banana sizing?

Any advice or two cents would be much appreciated.

I have a handful of boards listed below, considering getting rid of a couple, but have some questions about sizing on the Lib Techs. I'm 5'10", 165lbs with no gear, size 9 boots.

152 Skate Banana (1st year release)
157 Skate Banana (1st year release)
156 Skate Banana (2nd year release, but limited edition with C2)
157 TRice
157 Banana Magic

I absolutely love my '52 Banana and boarding at smaller mtns on it like Bear. However, it gets real sketchy at speed, washes out, and can't really keep up with friends on larger mtns and through chop. The 157 is fine, but I love how quick you can turn on the 52. I also have the 157 Magic, which is more stable at speed, can trust it bombing, but it's a really stiff board and more difficult to turn. My question is do you think I'd be okay sizing down to a 152 or 154 Magic or maybe even a Skate to get that quickness of my 152 Banana?

Bottom line is I'd like to have a smaller board that doesn't wash out and can handle the mtn, a bit of powder as well, no park. Nothing deep, as I love my '57 in the powder.

Any help would be appreciated. The Rice is a bit big I think as I have a buddy who has a '53 and he kills it on groomers as well as the powder.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote