Japan Setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Japan Setup

Hey all,

Any tips from those who've ridden in Japan? Heading there soon and wanting to know what you guys do when setting up your board and bindings...I'm used to Aussie and NZ groomers so this will be a BIG change :-)

Thanks heaps!
Berserker26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

you should have your bindings dialed in if ur snowboarding already. unless you plan on doing some extreme terrain, just have a comfortable stance with your feet more than shoulder width apart. you want to stand wide enough to flex your knees and retain a comfortable standing position. then you need to work on the angles of your feet. I find it easiest to stand with my feet in a duck position. i like to ride with my front foot at 2-3 degrees more than my back foot. you can always make changes on the mountain!
blockay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

it depends on which part of japan you're heading to and when...and if it snows when you're here. Just keep your stuff setup normal and if it dumps, you can move your bindings back (towards the tail) a spot or two to make riding pow easier.
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys, we're heading to Niseko early March - I'll have to keep an eye on the charts and move everything accordingly it looks like
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Been to Niseko before and its amazing!! Was there 2 weeks and we had powder conditions nearly everyday. All i did was set my bindings back a little on the really deep days and just follow the fall line! Also depends on your board though as i was on a standard camber board. If on a rocker board you will be flying and might not need much set back. Best thing sbout boarding in Niseko is the nighta!
bpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpow View Post
Been to Niseko before and its amazing!! Was there 2 weeks and we had powder conditions nearly everyday. All i did was set my bindings back a little on the really deep days and just follow the fall line! Also depends on your board though as i was on a standard camber board. If on a rocker board you will be flying and might not need much set back. Best thing sbout boarding in Niseko is the nighta!
Thanks mate, I'll be riding a C2-BTX board so as you say might just leave it unless it dumps and then move them back. I've heard nights are awesome, i'm keen to check it out!