2014 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread - Page 11 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #101 (permalink)

I agree too, this is getting stupid!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App
NSSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #102 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
How and what I know of carbon fiber is my business. I have nothing to prove to you. You clearly have something to prove to us though.

You wanted them to lighten up the NOWS with carbon. I told you why that's dumb. Tell me again how my post was irrelevant? Oh and the Diode is a carbon fiber highback with Carbon (not fiber) in the POLYCARB base. The carbon in the base does not lighten it up, it stiffens it.

I couldn't give a rats ass who you've talked to. Name dropping does nothing for me. Again I put forth, if Burton could make a binding out of Carbon for less than $700, they'd have done it. They haven't. It's not cost effective.

Really to settle this, is there anyone out there with a digital scale that has a pair of NOW's and maybe like Cartels or something? They aren't that heavy anyway.
I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm just saying id like to see it as an option. Every post I gave on the topic since saying I'd like to see it has been soley to correct miss-information about the material and its ability. I.e it failing in cold weather, or not being able to handle the task if being a binding.

I dropped the example of talking with engineers that use carbon fiber because at one time it was interesting to me and I decided to educate myself, and found myself in the company of people who know their shit on the topic. As far as price i could care less about that. I do know ts not as expensive as your bike parts make it out to be. Once I looked into commissioning an artist to build me an 8foot long living room table out of carbon fiber. While I don't remember the exact cost, I do remember buying it in large quantities wasn't that much, not to mention the price has come down a lot over the last 10 years.

As to why burton doesn't make a full carbon fiber binding I'd have to hear from them the reason, but something tells me that a company that charges 1700 for a board isn't afraid of making something costly. Your 300 bike seat post is NOT a berameter on the cost if carbon fiber. That's a fact.

Regardless, yes it would cost more, yes it would make it lighting and yes it could handle the task. With all those things I'm mind my original statement stands. I wish NoW would come out with a CF version. They weigh more then my genesis and diodes. I can tell just by holding them.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #103 (permalink)

That's cool and all, but lets get back to the topic and see and talk about the 2014 stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App
NSSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #104 (permalink)

yeah so uh... those 2014 products are looking...ummm.... good yeah... anyway.... 2014.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #105 (permalink)

[QUOTE=BurtonAvenger;574873]

Last edited by kctahoe; 01-13-2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Off topic post, keeping it for 2014 gear
kctahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #106 (permalink)

Anyone know what boards ride are putting pop walls on this year? Really hoping for the zerker
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #107 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I wish NoW would come out with a CF version. They weigh more then my genesis and diodes. I can tell just by holding them.

Guy....

Just put your bindings on a bathroom scale and take some photos.

Then come back here and show up the pictures.

Finally, tell me how <1lb weight difference is going to make your resort experience better.
In Vermont authenticity is all, they do not try to keep it real, they are real.
binarypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #108 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post
Guy....

Just put your bindings on a bathroom scale and take some photos.

Then come back here and show up the pictures.

Finally, tell me how <1lb weight difference is going to make your resort experience better.
Bbbut I need all my gear to be as light as possible ...wwwwwouldn't want to build any leg muscles with that extra half pound!
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #109 (permalink)
Veteran Member

ABT ... so what's the verdict? Do the boob implants work on the slopes?

This year is the year where my knees finally started to show it's age.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #110 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I vote someone starts a 2014 NS thread so we dont have to sift through 19 pages of of mostly pointless discussion on how the graphics suck.

Leave this thread for 2014 stuff and if a brand starts getting talked about too much, it gets its own thread.

Unless its arguments about carbon fiber as that is probably more relevant to a 2014 product preview thread than the product itself, obviously.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote