2014 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread - Page 18 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #171 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Kind of like their coffee?

The real reason Nike doesn't have to make good boots is because they don't have to. Just make something soft and squishy right out of the box and they'll work great for all the snowboard posers who only ride them 2-3 times a year. Nike does a good job attracting brand whores, especially when you throw $400 pricetags on them, then offer an even shittier boot at $200 which is the one everyone actually buys, because it too has a swoosh.
Is that any different than most boots? The branding that is. Thirty Two, DC, and New Balance/686 all have huge ass product placements on them. People don't hate on them for that. Doesn't that seem to strike you as sort of silly Nike hate?
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #172 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I dont want this to turn into a Nike discussion, this is a 2014 gear thread.

However, Nike, with all their money and smart people, could have and should have made an amazing product. Instead they spent a mere 3 months designing the Zoom and left the rest up to the swoosh on the side. While brands like 32 and DC have large outside marketability, they have also both been in the industry for over ten years. They have tenure. That means something. 32's are good now but 3 years ago they were shit, thats clear. 7 years ago they weren't. DC sucks now but next year it seems they have put a ridiculous amount of effort into the boot line and I have high hopes. What has Nike done in 5 years? Added 2 new models and one with a new midsole. Their liners are the same as year one, so is the awkward shitty liner lacing, they do not offer a single fast lace boot, and they still don't last a hard rider more than 30 days. Holy balls lets shit bricks over the innovation.

While Adidas is currently blowing it with their boots in that none of their athletes have any yet, they have spent something like 12 times longer designing them than Nike did. If they get their act together I see success for them in the sport.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #173 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post
Baseless, backless.... soon it'll just be 2 straps
Even better, K2 seem to be bringing back clicker/step-ins... zuzupopo / News - K2 Kwicker Splitboard System
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #174 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
Even better, K2 seem to be bringing back clicker/step-ins... zuzupopo / News - K2 Kwicker Splitboard System
Wow. I can't believe someone in K2's R&D department actually thinks that is a good idea. I rode Clickers back in the day, there is no way K2 is getting me to ride them again. The board looks nice, and so does the pack they show, but that's it. The rest looks like some old school BS that someone thought could make a resurgance to me.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
Apart from clickers being terrible, I don't want to know how terribly awful it must be to get into your split clickers on a deep day. The amount of snow underneath your boot and on the bindings... What a strange idea.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #176 (permalink)

Arbor 2014
http://www.sideshore.ch/cms/index.ph...%202013_14.pdf
Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #177 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post
Are you saying snowboarding is really just about marketing?

No, it isn't. There is actually good product out there.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSnowPlow View Post
I guess that's your personal experience. I had my '09 ZF1s last me up until this season and the only reason I'm getting rid of the is because my feet outgrew them. Anyway, that's just my personal experience

word. Over 110 days in my 2010 zf1's. I am amazed at how well they have held up. I can't stand sloppy boots and these are nearly as stiff now as they were when they were new. Best fitting and longest lasting boot I have ever had.
idshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #179 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I dont want this to turn into a Nike discussion, this is a 2014 gear thread.

However, Nike, with all their money and smart people, could have and should have made an amazing product. Instead they spent a mere 3 months designing the Zoom and left the rest up to the swoosh on the side. While brands like 32 and DC have large outside marketability, they have also both been in the industry for over ten years. They have tenure. That means something. 32's are good now but 3 years ago they were shit, thats clear. 7 years ago they weren't. DC sucks now but next year it seems they have put a ridiculous amount of effort into the boot line and I have high hopes. What has Nike done in 5 years? Added 2 new models and one with a new midsole. Their liners are the same as year one, so is the awkward shitty liner lacing, they do not offer a single fast lace boot, and they still don't last a hard rider more than 30 days. Holy balls lets shit bricks over the innovation.

While Adidas is currently blowing it with their boots in that none of their athletes have any yet, they have spent something like 12 times longer designing them than Nike did. If they get their act together I see success for them in the sport.
Was looking at DC's boot catalog..couldn't tell what was new mind enlightening me?

Also, unrelated but no Burton catalog yet? I want to see what's up with their boots.
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #180 (permalink)

Default No Highback?

Looking at the Now line up I noticed a binding with what looked like no highback... i apologize for not researching further but I was curious if anyone knows more on this concept? Is it purely a park phenomenon to tweak with or is there some science behind the idea?
ddubs515 is offline   Reply With Quote