2014 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread - Page 19 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #181 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOtherOptions View Post
Was looking at DC's boot catalog..couldn't tell what was new mind enlightening me?

Also, unrelated but no Burton catalog yet? I want to see what's up with their boots.
Heat moldable foam, no more dials on the inside, they're using boa Lace guides again, Remind insoles in the higher end models... That's what I remember off the top of my head. I think there's a bit more. But even just that is plenty to turn heads.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #182 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Heat moldable foam, no more dials on the inside, they're using boa Lace guides again, Remind insoles in the higher end models... That's what I remember off the top of my head. I think there's a bit more. But even just that is plenty to turn heads.
just the fact that they are adding in remind insoles to there higher ends boots sounds pretty sweet. i finally got some for my boots and sneakers this year and love them so far. its unreal how awesome it is having proper arch support.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont want this to turn into a Nike discussion, this is a 2014 gear thread.

However, Nike, with all their money and smart people, could have and should have made an amazing product. Instead they spent a mere 3 months designing the Zoom and left the rest up to the swoosh on the side. While brands like 32 and DC have large outside marketability, they have also both been in the industry for over ten years. They have tenure. That means something. 32's are good now but 3 years ago they were shit, thats clear. 7 years ago they weren't. DC sucks now but next year it seems they have put a ridiculous amount of effort into the boot line and I have high hopes. What has Nike done in 5 years? Added 2 new models and one with a new midsole. Their liners are the same as year one, so is the awkward shitty liner lacing, they do not offer a single fast lace boot, and they still don't last a hard rider more than 30 days. Holy balls lets shit bricks over the innovation.

While Adidas is currently blowing it with their boots in that none of their athletes have any yet, they have spent something like 12 times longer designing them than Nike did. If they get their act together I see success for them in the sport.
Good post...finding a reasonable critique on different boot brands on here is difficult because the stock answer to "who makes the best boots?" is usually, "whatever boot fits you the best, go try on a few"...etc. etc. While that is indeed good advice, actually finding out which boot manufacturer makes a quality product is a bit trickier. If it's possible to rank boot brands in terms of quality, I'd be interested to see that if only to use as general guidance to what to try on first.
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
Apart from clickers being terrible, I don't want to know how terribly awful it must be to get into your split clickers on a deep day. The amount of snow underneath your boot and on the bindings... What a strange idea.
I've never ridden clickers so I have no personal input. However, I notice that in Hokkaido, Japan, Yonex clickers are very popular. Many free-riders and backcountry guys seem to use them and I have even seen them on splitboards and snowshoes.

I'm curious about the Yonex system and now K2. It's almost impossible to find any english language info on Yonex clickers.
ju87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #185 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddubs515 View Post
Looking at the Now line up I noticed a binding with what looked like no highback... i apologize for not researching further but I was curious if anyone knows more on this concept? Is it purely a park phenomenon to tweak with or is there some science behind the idea?
It's the new Select binding. It has removable highbacks. It's supposed to function more like a skate deck where you use your foot to flex torsion. Check out the zuzupopo link for more info.

Last edited by NoOtherOptions; 01-27-2013 at 11:13 PM.
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #186 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Heat liner? So like what Burton uses? I'm not familiar with the other changes, dialing on the inside? Boa lace guides? What were they doing before and why was it negative (I've never touched DC boots because I heard bad things).
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #187 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddubs515 View Post
Looking at the Now line up I noticed a binding with what looked like no highback... i apologize for not researching further but I was curious if anyone knows more on this concept? Is it purely a park phenomenon to tweak with or is there some science behind the idea?
The Now bindings even for this year can be used without the highback. The way the heelcup holds your boot and the pivot of the kingpin allow enough hold and leverage that you don't really need the backs. It does give a looser feel but it is still super responsive and really fun.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:11 AM   #188 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOtherOptions View Post
Heat liner? So like what Burton uses? I'm not familiar with the other changes, dialing on the inside? Boa lace guides? What were they doing before and why was it negative (I've never touched DC boots because I heard bad things).
i got a pair of 12' DC Kush boots thats tradtional laces with BOA that tightens up on the heel, it really makes for no heel lift at all!! this was my first pair of DC boots, and i love them!! there so comfortable and didnt hurt my feet even my first day in them
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #189 (permalink)

any pics of Burton boots and bindings?
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #190 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

13/14 Ride Catalogue up on zuzupopo.com
Sorry, no link. Still working out the kinks on my my macbook pro
crash77 is offline   Reply With Quote