2014 Snowboard Gear Preview Thread - Page 20 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #191 (permalink)
Veteran Member

One thing I am noticing on the Nows are the orange bushings. Hoping they made some that are even softer than the whites.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #192 (permalink)

Saw this on another site after a quick google search. Didn't see them in this thread so posting them (more here: EasyLoungin)

(women's Escapade bindings)
Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #193 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So what's up with this Cocona fabric? Anyone mind explaining it? Was browsing through that EasyLoungin thread.
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #194 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The stuff works. Not sure of the science behind it but I wore it snowshoeing today and up top I had a pretty basic Burton dry-ride polo and gore-tex shell that got pretty sweated up. For bottoms I had a pair of the Homeschool lounger pants and some North Face cargos and they stayed bone dry and warm.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #195 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
The stuff works. Not sure of the science behind it but I wore it snowshoeing today and up top I had a pretty basic Burton dry-ride polo and gore-tex shell that got pretty sweated up. For bottoms I had a pair of the Homeschool lounger pants and some North Face cargos and they stayed bone dry and warm.
But I don't get what it does. It's supposed to be used as a hyper efficient insulation layer? Which piece was cocona?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #196 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOtherOptions View Post
But I don't get what it does. It's supposed to be used as a hyper efficient insulation layer? Which piece was cocona?
It can used as base layer or in the jacket/pants as well. I have a base layer pant made from it. It is more its superior wicking and breatheablity qualities that are notable more than its insulating although it isn't bad for that especially since it keeps you so dry.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #197 (permalink)

Default Launch Bindings

Found a video on Youtube for some interesting bindings. I've never heard of this company before, but these bindings look pretty good.

Launch bindings
2NYCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #198 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NYCE View Post
Found a video on Youtube for some interesting bindings. I've never heard of this company before, but these bindings look pretty good.
More moving parts = more weight and more flex, still have to do up straps. Looks like the only benefit is that it holds the straps out of the way for you? I don't get it...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #199 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
It can used as base layer or in the jacket/pants as well. I have a base layer pant made from it. It is more its superior wicking and breatheablity qualities that are notable more than its insulating although it isn't bad for that especially since it keeps you so dry.
So it's base OR insulation? Or it replaces both. Now I'm going to read more on this.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #200 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NYCE View Post

Launch bindings
How do they look good besides having a stupid gimmick? This is your first post? SHILL. Especially since it has 119 views, you just happened to stumble across this? it looks like a bad design. It looks like they just basically did the same shit Rome does with the 390 but instead of minimizing the moving parts (rubber band on the strap to keep it open) they created a moving base..which seems incredibly likely to get frozen in inclimate weather. As we all know ice tends to accumulate around the base plate.

Last edited by NoOtherOptions; 01-30-2013 at 12:01 PM.