That's right you're being asked to help me again.. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default That's right you're being asked to help me again..

I'm still rocking the k2 Slayblade, but now I made a couple extra $$$ and want to spring on a new board. I'm 6ft 180lbs and want a board I can rock in the park and still can rip on the mountain with my locos. I narrowed it down to 2 boards 1. Capita's indoor survival
2. Forum's destroyer double dog.
I'll take thoughts as well as a board size reco. My Slayblade (BEAST that almost killed me and has me scared half to death) is a 160. Now I want something I can just play on. Anyone care to chime in..
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 02:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

I vote for the Capita. It has the same camber profile as my Ultrafear. I really like it as my play around/park board. The flat center seems to really lock on to boxes. I don't hit rails so can't comment on that. I also like this board off of park jumps. I ride the smaller jump line and feel comfortable pushing it hard on this board. I'm hoping to move up to the medium jump line this year on the Ultrafear.

I also think the flat center section has good edge hold when the snow gets firm. With Lib Tech's MTX you're supposed to get something like 7 edge contact points, but I feel the flat section you one really big contact point. The Ultrafear is a stiffer board which I think will be better as time goes between storms. That's just my own personal preference though.

One problem I had though was adjusting to riding the board. I've never had a board where I felt like I had to learn how to ride it. At first, I tried a setback stance because I wanted to ride it when there was a lot of new snow. The board rode terrible that way and it was way better when I centered my stance. I still feel like its a little grabby though. I haven't really felt comfortable riding flatbased. I always want to be on the edge on this board.

I definitely like my capita
jojotherider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for your much needed advise. My current board is flat from tip to tail and will always be there when I can really make it shine. Now I just want to have fun on a smaller board and initiate like butter, go ape sh*#, yeh like that. Capita was actually my first choice, until I learned about the destroyer double dog. Anyone with a double dog want to offer their 2cents..