Mini Boards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
BadMojo

Question Mini Boards

Can anybody tell me about the shorter boards I see every once in awhile? I'm not really interested in buying one, just curious about their performance. They look pretty fun .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
BadMojo

Jeez people
What are these, illegal?
Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well im gonna guess that they go slow but are really easy to spin/screw round on.
Did you really need me to tell you that?

YouTube - rossignol snowboards the mini

"Small is the new big. Feather-light with a Twin Freestyle shape, the Rossignol Mini will progress park sills for every level of rider. It is shorter in length so it's fun in the park whether you're sliding your first box or spinning 720s, yet rides like a full sized board on the rest of the hill. This aint no Lunchtray!

Key Features of the Rossignol Mini 121cm Snowboard:
# Twin Freestyle Style - Sidecut is deep/short & progressive for super fast transitions & edge grip, shape is twin with centered inserts for balance, nose & tail are stiff for pop, waist is soft for control on rails and stability at high speed.
# Single Sidecut - A constant sidecut radius along the running edge length for easy turn initiation and exit, & a consistent performance on edge.
# 3.3 Base Density - A lower density factory tuned finished extruded base: fast & easy to tune. Doesn't need frequent waxing so you can spend more time riding.
# Factory Tuned Base Finish - The base is sanded with a single way belt for a low friction rate and excellent durability.
# Plain/Printed Die-Cut Combo Base.
# Mat Grip Tape Topsheet.

Eff.edge (cm) Nose/Tail (cm) Waist (cm) Sidecut (m)
85.0 28.7 25.0 4.8"

the site also had it in a 123

"Rossignol Mini

A 121 cm. board, the same width as a 150 cm., with up to a 22” stance. How cool is that?
Anyway, the quality is nice, the base is decent, and held up pretty well against the rails and boxes, but will definitely need a hot wax after riding on rocks, but that’s kind of a given… It’s real easy to ride, has an average amount of flex, amazing pop, and speed wise can keep up with the rest.

Rails- I surprisingly really liked it. Because of the length, and weight, you have a lot of control, and can make little adjustments very easily.

Jumps-For small little kickers and stuff, you can pop so much higher than a regular board, and get really good height off a small jump. For the bigger jumps, the grab variations are sick; I can hold nosegrabs, and tailgrabs forever when I’m in the air. Landing can be a bit of problem. Because of the sheer shortness of the board, it’s really easy to wash out when landing hard.

Messing around- Probably the thing that is most appealing about the board. Well, let me put it simply. Yes, it is a fun to ride as it looks. Flat 360’s, throwing up insanely high tail butters, and popping ollies slightly above the “ridiculous” level. The works.

Downs- As I touched on before, landing can be real sketch at times; there’s nothing you can really do to fix that, except get used to it, and compensate. Nosebutters/nosepresses are impossible when moving. There’s no freaking way to do them, the nose slips out, and you go head over heels. Another thing that has come to my attention after riding alot the past week, is that the topsheet, to put it simpley, sucks. There are numerous places where it is scratched, or chipping, and I counted 7 spots where chips of the topsheet are actually missing. Hopefully this will just be a cosmetic issue, and I wont have to worry about water getting into my base, but only time will tell...

All in all, a good, fun board. I would suggest it to anyone to atleast demo it. Only about $200, so it’s less than your average board. I personally <3 my Mini to death. And despite it's size, I'm hitting 25 foot flat rails, hand rails, and 30 foot kickers."

some review i found on another forum.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxx View Post
the only problem is that if you have one of thoase you will get to comfortable with it and not like long boards

Yeah, that already happened..."

"Yeah, New edit about the topsheet. After riding for almost 30 hours durring the weekend, it's been torn and chipped to hell."

I have no personal experience with one, this is all from google

Last edited by nzboardlife; 05-06-2008 at 09:50 PM.
nzboardlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I say its worth experimenting with...They're $100 on sierra.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

yeh, heres the link
Rossignol Board Rossignol The Mini Grip Top
Old 05-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
BadMojo

wow tonnes o stuff thx guys
Old 05-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

I've used one. They're fun, but really hard to ride on for more than an hour or two. I most deffinately wouldn't want one as a primary board.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What do you mean by hard to ride on? as in it gets old/want change after that amount of time or its physically draining?
Old 05-09-2008, 02:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Both, really. Because the board is so short, the turning can be sketchy. And forget about getting any real sort of speed, it's not going to work. Some things about this board just do drain me physially. Also, I do want to change boards. It's fun and all, but just not my thing.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote