Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Top sheet edge damage help!!! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/53841-top-sheet-edge-damage-help.html)

Dpforlife 01-11-2013 03:59 PM

Top sheet edge damage help!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie when it comes to this stuff and don't want to get screwed at a snowboard shop so I was hoping you guys could help. While at the mountain yesterday I got hit in a lift line but an impatient kid causing a small gash on my toeside edge. I know boards don't stay perfect forever but I just want to make sure that this wont turn into a big problem. A piece of the edge is sticking up and right next to it,Attachment 9793 it is a little rough you can feel that it is not as smooth as the rest of the edge. Is this a major problem or purely cosmetic. What can I do to fix this. The board is a banana magic not sure if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for your help.[ATTACH]97

triumph.man 01-11-2013 04:12 PM

don't worry about it. Just ride the heck out of your board, so in the next few years you can buy a new one.

corneilli 01-11-2013 04:21 PM

Indeed, don't worry about it :) Just keep an eye on it (if you really want to), to see if it gets worse, but normally it shouldn't :)

Weipim 01-11-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dpforlife (Post 569361)
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie when it comes to this stuff and don't want to get screwed at a snowboard shop so I was hoping you guys could help. While at the mountain yesterday I got hit in a lift line but an impatient kid causing a small gash on my toeside edge. I know boards don't stay perfect forever but I just want to make sure that this wont turn into a big problem. A piece of the edge is sticking up and right next to it,Attachment 9793 it is a little rough you can feel that it is not as smooth as the rest of the edge. Is this a major problem or purely cosmetic. What can I do to fix this. The board is a banana magic not sure if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for your help.[ATTACH]97

if i show u my capita im sure it will make u feel a lot better

jello24 01-11-2013 04:50 PM

Don't worry about that... that's just a flesh wound. My Lib has 2 major gouges on the top sheet where the sheet actually has peeled off from dropping it in the garage and it doesn't affect performance at all. Maybe because I'm not pro enough to snowboard on my top sheet, but that's just how it goes.

Granted, water will probably seep in down inside your board and cause cracks and such due to expansion, but that's just a reason for you to add a board to your quiver.

Dpforlife 01-11-2013 05:38 PM

Thanks everyone for the advise, I figured I was over thinking it. I just dropped it off to get waxed and the guy at the chop just said razor blade it off, that its not deep enough to cause any problems it was only surface. So relieved!!!!
Thanks everyone for your input