Top sheet edge damage help!!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Top sheet edge damage help!!!

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie when it comes to this stuff and don't want to get screwed at a snowboard shop so I was hoping you guys could help. While at the mountain yesterday I got hit in a lift line but an impatient kid causing a small gash on my toeside edge. I know boards don't stay perfect forever but I just want to make sure that this wont turn into a big problem. A piece of the edge is sticking up and right next to it,Attachment 9793 it is a little rough you can feel that it is not as smooth as the rest of the edge. Is this a major problem or purely cosmetic. What can I do to fix this. The board is a banana magic not sure if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for your help.[ATTACH]97
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (77.2 KB, 91 views)
Dpforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

don't worry about it. Just ride the heck out of your board, so in the next few years you can buy a new one.
triumph.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Indeed, don't worry about it Just keep an eye on it (if you really want to), to see if it gets worse, but normally it shouldn't
corneilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpforlife View Post
Hello everyone,

I am a newbie when it comes to this stuff and don't want to get screwed at a snowboard shop so I was hoping you guys could help. While at the mountain yesterday I got hit in a lift line but an impatient kid causing a small gash on my toeside edge. I know boards don't stay perfect forever but I just want to make sure that this wont turn into a big problem. A piece of the edge is sticking up and right next to it,Attachment 9793 it is a little rough you can feel that it is not as smooth as the rest of the edge. Is this a major problem or purely cosmetic. What can I do to fix this. The board is a banana magic not sure if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for your help.[ATTACH]97
if i show u my capita im sure it will make u feel a lot better
Weipim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Don't worry about that... that's just a flesh wound. My Lib has 2 major gouges on the top sheet where the sheet actually has peeled off from dropping it in the garage and it doesn't affect performance at all. Maybe because I'm not pro enough to snowboard on my top sheet, but that's just how it goes.

Granted, water will probably seep in down inside your board and cause cracks and such due to expansion, but that's just a reason for you to add a board to your quiver.
jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks everyone for the advise, I figured I was over thinking it. I just dropped it off to get waxed and the guy at the chop just said razor blade it off, that its not deep enough to cause any problems it was only surface. So relieved!!!!
Thanks everyone for your input
Dpforlife is offline   Reply With Quote