Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need a New board due to accident. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/54001-need-new-board-due-accident.html)

Joe Coffee 01-12-2013 11:56 AM

Need a New board due to accident.

Hey guys

Totaled my Burton Superhero 2013 after forgetting to pop up onto a pipe. Thought the jump itself would be good enough to launch me up onto the pipe but it wasn't. i should have popped up but I didn't and the result was the nose of my board slamming into the pipe and me almost breaking my pelvis. (several pulled muscles and lots of pain). So I am pretty sure i will need a new board. There is like a 3x1 inch section of the top sheet which has almost come off and the wood underneath is exposed. Then there is a huge dent on the edge which has created a bump on the base.

Maybe it can be fixed I dunno but I would rather just get a new board because I HATE MENDED OR PATCHED UP GEAR.

So I am looking for your recommendations on a good solid park board for 400 or less. Any brand. lots of suggestions please. thanks.

Sudden_Death 01-12-2013 12:05 PM

Arbor Westmark, funnest board I have ridden.

jdthai 01-12-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Coffee (Post 571673)
Hey guys

Totaled my Burton Superhero 2013 after forgetting to pop up onto a pipe. Thought the jump itself would be good enough to launch me up onto the pipe but it wasn't. i should have popped up but I didn't and the result was the nose of my board slamming into the pipe and me almost breaking my pelvis. (several pulled muscles and lots of pain). So I am pretty sure i will need a new board. There is like a 3x1 inch section of the top sheet which has almost come off and the wood underneath is exposed. Then there is a huge dent on the edge which has created a bump on the base.

Maybe it can be fixed I dunno but I would rather just get a new board because I HATE MENDED OR PATCHED UP GEAR.

So I am looking for your recommendations on a good solid park board for 400 or less. Any brand. lots of suggestions please. thanks.

Can we see some pics of the damage?

threej21 01-12-2013 12:51 PM

yea, pics would help...it sounds like a simple top sheet delam and a dented edge...which im assuming is on the nose since thats where the impact was.

a dent in the nose edge shouldnt effect its performance and a delam is an easy $10 fix and youll never know it was there....:dunno:

De-lam Repair - YouTube

Joe Coffee 01-12-2013 01:29 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics

Attachment 9857

Attachment 9865

Attachment 9873

Attachment 9881

Attachment 9889

Nivek 01-12-2013 01:39 PM

With that kind of damage I doubt the core is still intact. New board it is.

Flow Era, Signal Park, Salomon Sabotage, YES Jackpot, Nitro Swindle, or a Forum Scallywag.

BackLip 01-12-2013 02:06 PM

I'm diggin my Forum Destroyer Doubledog. $359 at zumiez and evo.com will beat that price by 5%.

slyder 01-12-2013 02:08 PM

looks like this will be your new practice board to master some new tricks since it's F'd up.

Joe Coffee 01-12-2013 02:22 PM

So a new board it is?

kctahoe 01-12-2013 03:01 PM

Id say Arbor Westmark, i love mine, or off of Nivek's recommendation, i demoed a Salomon sabotage, i thought that was a great board also, i actually liked the camber better than full rocker i think.