All mountain freestyle setup - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
If he's rarely hitting park why are we saying Blacklist?

Coda if you want Arbor. But my go to is the Flow Rush if I want a twin that I'm not jibbing. Nimble, powerful, grippy, and smooth. Other notables, YES Greats, K2 Fastplant, or a Nitro Team Gullwing.
he said he wants to butter, and he's got size 12's. For bombing the blacklist is a little soft, but there has to be a trade off somewhere.
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
he said he wants to butter, and he's got size 12's. For bombing the blacklist is a little soft, but there has to be a trade off somewhere.
Meh, at the size he needs he'll be fine on most with 12's. And at his weight he'll be able to butter the Coda and Rush just fine as long as he knows how to actually bend a board, and they'll be much more responsive off natural features and the rest of the hill.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
I've got size 12's on a t.rice 161.5, they fit fine with 15 / -15.

Buttering the t.rice is not fun. Dark Series would be even less fun.
If you do get the rice, I doubt you need a 164. Here's a review, the guy weighs 210 and rides the 157
2013 Lib Tech Travis Rice Pro Snowboard Review
Just to clarify though, I rode the 57 because that was the available size at the demo tent. If I was making a purchase, I'd go with the 161.5 or whatever the next larger size is. 57 is fine for me on a park board (my Arbor Blacklist is a 57) but I'd stay 160+ for an all-mountain board to use outside of the park.

While we're on that topic... As Nivek mentioned, no the Blacklist won't be a great board for bombing. It's not super damp and although it's not noodle-soft, it's deifnitely on the softer side. Works great for "all mountain" here in the midwest where we have maybe 500 vertical feet, but on a bigger mountain I'd probably favor a burlier board. Then again, if you're looking for a "do it all" board, it's *capable* of riding higher speeds it just doesn't excel at that like a firmer, damper board would.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

wow thanks for ll the replies, I've got a lot to think about! I'll definitely take everyones advice and go for a longer board. As Nivek said though, I think the blacklist will be a bit too soft for me. I'm currently riding a Sierra Stunt 159W and definitely feel like I want to move towards a stiffer board with better carving ability!
cawkLUVA is offline   Reply With Quote