what happened to backcountry... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
traddcliff

Default what happened to backcountry...

all the vids these days show these guys all talking backcountry and it shows them using sleds to hit a kicker.
back in the day backcountry meant strapping on some boards, hiking up and hitting the natural features of the area. it seems like the new breed arent able to bust moves without shaping a hit. [dont get me wrong sleds are a god send. hiking was kinda ruff]

i want to see guys hitting the natural stuff, like nicolas mueller...or take it back to kidwell or kelly. laters for the 10 foot kicker in the middle of a beautiful powder field.

one other question...what ever happened to sticking a landing? 'yo you stuck that sh*t homey!". stomped is pretty kooky

powdays foreves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

I prefer stomped to stuck. Stuck kinda sounds like your struggling a bit to hold on, where as stomp sounds aggressive. Like you threw that shit down and made it your bitch!
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
BadMojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
I prefer stomped to stuck. Stuck kinda sounds like your struggling a bit to hold on, where as stomp sounds aggressive. Like you threw that shit down and made it your bitch!

I second that, gymnasts use "stick/stuck" because they AREN'T supposed to move.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
traddcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMojo View Post
I second that, gymnasts use "stick/stuck" because they AREN'T supposed to move.
stomped sounds so ghetto and MTV. stuck it sounds solid. laters for all that....from now on i ripped that shilz.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
BadMojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by traddcliff View Post
stomped sounds so ghetto and MTV. stuck it sounds solid. laters for all that....from now on i ripped that shilz.
I have no idea wat "shilz" means, but were not saying you can't say "stuck". Ppl will know what you're talking about, you'll just get some weird looks etc etc. Thats the price of not doing wats popular. But in an earlier quote you said "homey", and you're complaining that "stomped" sounds ghetto?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
a2zBoardShop

Landed, Stuck, Stomped, Nailed, Crushed, Banged(with proper steez of course), it's all about not tomahawking, a new one I learned from watching TR narrate the Natural Selection..
Old 05-14-2008, 01:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
traddcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMojo View Post
I have no idea wat "shilz" means, but were not saying you can't say "stuck". Ppl will know what you're talking about, you'll just get some weird looks etc etc. Thats the price of not doing wats popular. But in an earlier quote you said "homey", and you're complaining that "stomped" sounds ghetto?
ya homey is from denmark :|